1981 400i Auto Chassis 34845 on Ebay | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1981 400i Auto Chassis 34845 on Ebay

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by samsaprunoff, Nov 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day,

Just adding Doc...

34845 is now on Ebay:

Ferrari Other | eBay

Current Mileage: 34236 Miles
    Current Bid: $27350 USD (Reserve Not Met)

Cheers,

Sam

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds nice but how can a car that is "fanatically maintained" not have the ac charged in Florida?

And has a broken turn signal stalk, exhaust leaks, a less than perfect headliner and nonworking wipers?

3. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I've seen the car and know the owner. It is located down the street from me in case a serious potential buyer wants me to look it over and take pics.

4. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    It sold for what I have to assume is an underwhelming price of $33,500 on eBay, per the link below:

Ferrari Other | eBay

What is the forum's opinion? There's always a difference between those that have been for sale and those that have been recently sold this year... I was hoping it would have commanded a higher amount, personally.

5. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    #30 Ashman, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    The price may or may not be "underwhelming" depending on what it will cost to replace the turn-signal stalk, recharge the a/c or fix the leaks, fix the wipers, repair or replace the exhaust system (up to $6K) and fix or replace the headliner. The ad said that the tires are "good" but did that mean good tread or good tread plus age less than 5 years old? With so few miles on the car, these tires easily could be 10, 15 or even 20 years old. If the age is older than 5-7 years, a new owner could add another $2K to the list of things to do to get the car ready for serious driving.

All of these things could easily add up to $10k or more, not to mention potentially several other things that weren't mentioned in the ad that a new owner would want or need to fix. Despite saying that the car has been maintained "fanatically", the long list of non-working items suggests otherwise and therefore the probability of needing to repair or replace several other things (e.g. dried out suspension bushings) in addition to those listed is high.

FWIW, I think that $33.5K is a pretty strong price for an automatic with needs.

6. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Its been put for sale again, by the original owner, so it did not sell previously, as I had erroneously assumed. This time, its being listed for $62K as a starting bid... Oh, oh - I was headed to eBay in order to copy the link and apparently, its been pulled as of this past weekend when I saw it last and the car is no longer listed - interesting. Oh well.

7. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #32 samsaprunoff, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good day Otto,

The Ebay ad is still there... but it looks as if the seller accepted the best offer:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/365-gt4-2-2-400-412/389789-1981-400i-auto-chassis-34845-ebay.html

Cheers,

Sam
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Does anyone else find it amusing that, if someone was interested in this model of Ferrari, that they would join this forum? Yet, with all the discussions on this particular car that has traded hands a couple of times in the last few years, that no one has chimed in to inform us of its acquisition? Especially since I know the car and its located less than 10 mins., if that much, from me? Oh well.

9. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I still meet owners who had no idea about this forum and I find that very surprising.

10. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just adding some doc about chassis 34845... sadly, it looks like the car has seen some tough times.

https://www.hemmings.com/listing/1981-ferrari-400i-876887

Also, i also found that Sheehan also sold this car at some point:

https://ferraris-online.com/cars/1981-ferrari-400i-34845/

Cheers,

Sam

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login