1980's 911 QUICK STUDY | FerrariChat

1980's 911 QUICK STUDY

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by leeber, Jan 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Greetings Porsche Enthusiasts: (home this is a fair question to thread)
    I am making a quick study and need a little help. Ive done lots of reading but that only goes so far. Sitting in a 911 as passenger and pilot is the only way to experience them and not many friends have this era 911, so I seek some knowledge.

The early 80's produced 911SC's and the end of 80's produced the '87-'89 G50's. Which of these is the better starting point.

2. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Both are good cars. You can’t go wrong with either. Just make sure you have a PPI. Buy the best car you can afford!

3. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    87-89's are collector car territory ($$$)

p.s. there are no cheap 911's.

4. JavierT

JavierT Rookie

Jan 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Javier M Trivino
    First post here. Come from Porsche world. 87-89 is more refined and more power then SC, roughly though prob an extra 30% in price on average. I've had my SC for close to 2 years and has been very solid, reliable car. As a first aricooled 911 I see a lot of great attributes, the fuel injection system works well for the age, parts and helpful info is easy to find. Pelican Parts forum is the number 1 source for aircooled Porsche info. Good luck with your hunt!