1980 308gtsi clutch?? | FerrariChat

1980 308gtsi clutch??

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Duncan Cory, May 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Duncan Cory

Duncan Cory Rookie

Sep 13, 2019
    carol stream il
    Full Name:
    Duncan Cory
    Ive got a 308 with 30k I purchased it and only put on 4k when I bought it they gave me a bill the previous owner had showing they had replaced the clutch,cable, disc,throwout bearing. I had it and it was making a noise so I had them replace the clutch which didnt get rid of the noise ,I suspect it is in the gear box,To make the story shorter the I have to let the clutch all the way out to get it to engage, I tried all adjustments and examined thecable movement at the lever on the trans it seemed fine. has anyone else had any abnormal clutch problems with these cars ??? or any suggestions or ideas ???
    thanks Duncan

2. wmuno

wmuno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2007
    Wilmette, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bill Muno
    Did your check the 308 forum? I would guess someone has posted information regarding a clutch replacement.

3. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    Check and see if they replaced the throw out bearing when they did the last clutch. Does the noise change as you press or release the pedal?
    A very high release does indicate the clutch is worn but there are a couple of adjustments that can alter that. I did see you said you made all of the adjustments so that is covered. Text me if you like and I'll try and answer any questions you may have. 770-845-8335

Extreme1 and 308 milano like this.
  4. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Quite a generous offer !