1978 Ferrari 400GTA Chassis 23613 | FerrariChat

1978 Ferrari 400GTA Chassis 23613

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by samsaprunoff, Oct 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just documenting these cars, as they come up. There were a few past posts about 23613, but I thought I would create a dedicated thread with pics, etc.

The car looks in great condition and obviously a lot of time and love have gone into 23613.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-ferrari-400/

Cheers,

Sam

1978 400 GTA
    Color: Black Exterior with Tan Interior
    Mileage: 86666 KMs
    Chassis: 23613

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  2. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Looks like it needs a water pump seal.

3. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Only $40.5k
    Does anyone think preoccupation with the election and its consequences diminished enthusiasm for what seems a quite nice example?

4. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Someone did a steal at that price. Seems to be a very nice car?

5. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    It’s hard to put a value on our own respective cars, but we all sell things when we feel we would like/have to. I can’t imagine the seller being enthusiastic about the sale price... Perhaps a reserve would have been apt? It’s difficult to gage that the market finds the values of our cars at this price range consistently. Comparing the satisfaction/enjoyment of ownership along with their exclusivity, it’s unfortunate to see such a low point of entry for such a presentable car.

6. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Well, boys. Another one is on offer now. Mine is currently in the queue over there.
    I am afraid the supply of buyers will be exhausted by the time I'm at bat.

7. Fort Worth 360

Fort Worth 360 Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort worth Texas
    Can you tell us about yours Ross. I am looking for one

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    series I ('82)automatic.
    I am second owner since '97.
    not wanting to make this a for sale thread so sending you a PM

9. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Unbelievable!!! That car is a steal at that price.

10. Theruse

Theruse Karting

Jan 17, 2014
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Prescott Russo
    I purchased this 400A on 11/03. It was the same day I retired and was my retirement gift. The car is better in person than in the pics. The attention to detail from the prior owner was incredible. Not only did I get the car, but boxes of spares, trophies, literature. I also bought from him separately to the sale, a NOS complete exhaust system. The car drives very well. The automatic responds well, since it was modified with a high stall torque converter. While many prefer the 5speed, the 400 is a touring car and the Auto suits it well. I still have my 5speed 1988 328GTS to satisfy my need for shifting. Currently, planning to repaint the NOS exhaust before installation and possibly repaint the wheels to all one color.

11. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Congrats !!
    Enjoy in good health. I agree on the wheels. Exhaust is subjective based....when you have the OEM stored away go with what sounds better to you!