1974 365GT4 2+2 Chassis: ? on Trader.ca | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1974 365GT4 2+2 Chassis: ? on Trader.ca

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by samsaprunoff, Mar 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Macula

Macula Rookie

May 3, 2011
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mohammed
  2. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #27 OttoB, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Three observations:

1) the driver's side rearview mirror's install looks a bit off by way of its placement and I am not sure I have seen those types of mirrors on another 365 before, but I can be mistaken?

2) the front cloisonne/badge is missing and/or deliberately was omitted during a re-paint?

3) does the name Tom Vail ring a bell, as an interested purchaser who's emailed the seller and owns allferrariparts.com?

Same color combo as mine, so I am biased as to how attractive this one is and will once again become once restored.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. gt4ever

gt4ever Rookie

May 3, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Benoit
    Good day,
    As far as I can remember, this car comes from Munich surrounds and was for sale on eBay two years ago from the previous owner, who had several other 365/400 and was from my information very passionate about these cars. Note the cutted knock off typical of German cars. I remember on the basis of the provided pictures an average condition (missing parts such as badge, right window frame, tired dröger seat etc...) all that for35k€ back then. Interesting to see it landing in the us. Nice color combo though.

4. gt4ever

gt4ever Rookie

May 3, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Benoit
    Good day,
    As far as I can remember, this car comes from Munich surrounds and was for sale on eBay two years ago from the previous owner, who had several other 365/400 and was from my information very passionate about these cars. Note the cutted knock off typical of German cars. I remember on the basis of the provided pictures an average condition (missing parts such as badge, right window frame, tired dröger seat etc...) all that for35k€ back then. Interesting to see it landing in the us. Nice color combo though.

5. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    No expense spared on that upholstery job.

6. gt4ever

gt4ever Rookie

May 3, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Benoit
    Good day,

7. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Bids at $60K US whether they're legit or not we wont know but thats pushing $90K cdn.

8. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    The seller has bids up to $250K on a Shelby Mustang GT 350, selling a Lamborghini Diablo, and as far as this 365 is concerned, there is no language that the reserve was not met with a high bid of a conveniently nice and round number, $75K USD. Interesting, in light of the fact that the "new" owner will have to completely restore the car based on the posts in this thread.

9. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #34 samsaprunoff, May 17, 2016
    Good day All,

I am just adding the pictures and content from the Ebay Auction. From the pictures one can see the chassis number of 17879 (it is upside down, but you can see it)

Sold (?) for $75000 USD on Ebay... although check out my follow up post...

Cheers,

Sam

10. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #35 samsaprunoff, May 17, 2016
    Good day All,

It would seem that the High Bidder on the Ebay Auction was not overly pleased with the car. Here is a snapshot of the feedback he left for the Ebay Seller. I wonder if he took delivery of the car or simply declined to purchase after seeing it?

Cheers,

Sam