1972 365 GTC/4 for sale on eBay | FerrariChat

1972 365 GTC/4 for sale on eBay

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by dspellbe, Oct 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dspellbe

dspellbe Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    Just saw this for sale on eBay. Was sold at Bonham auction in Monterey this August for $258,500. Website says $319k price. Anyone know about the car? I have no affiliation to this, just really like the color combo.

Ferrari Other | eBay

2. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I believe car sold Monterey 2013 (bought by Indigo w/c is "classic" subsidiary of Lambo of Houston), not this past Aug 2014. This car was done by Artie and his father Stu from IAG in Pompano Beach Fla IIFC, color change to this blue/tan.

Artie/Stu presented and sold a second gtc/4 this past March 2014 Amelia RM w/c was first gtc/4 to break $300k ($335k usd all in) at public sale. This second car was bought from auctions America 2013 and was red/tan...IAG returned car to it's original blue/tan before sale @ RM Amelia.

Jack

3. dspellbe

dspellbe Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    Here is where it sold 8/2014. Did it sell 2013 too?

Bonhams : 1972 FERRARI 365GTC/4 Chassis no. 16025

4. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I am really surprised to see the 2014 result,but there it is. Maybe so?, sold twice? I will try to straighten this out.....My apologies, yet I recall discussing this car in detail with a salesman friend of mine who knew Art/Stu at that time (still does, as do I now) 2013, as this was just after I had bought my '71 red/blk c/4 July 2013 from Mitchell Classics...and my friend was telling me how IAG was bringing a "blue/tan" car to auction with a "price expected over 200k".....c/4's were starting to move at this time...thus my interest in THIS car at that auction in 2013. Sorry for the inaccuracies, yet as I said, I will try to get it straight.

Jack

5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Shouldn't this thread be in "Market" section ?

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Yes. Thanks for the heads-up.

7. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    car has the "correct type F101 engine"....would seem non-matching nor original engine with car. Puts the asking price in perspective,

Jack

8. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    I almost bought this car from the guys at Indigo over a year or so ago.
    They had told me it was from the Auburn Auction 2013 and they did quite a bit of maintenance work to the car back then.
    It took them a long time to finished the work they were doing to the car.
    Surprised to see that they still have it after this much time.
    The price was $200k as I remember then..
    Love that car..

9. jippiejake

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Hey Jack,
    Mitchell Classics down in Louisiana?
    Thats your C/4?
    Was that the one he was working in forever?
    That was a beautiful car.

10. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

Yes, one in the same, thank you.

Bill spent many hours and $ getting it "just right". Bill is a wonderful guy, true to his word and in an enviable position. Sold his "primary business" yrs. ago and opened "Mitchell Classics" to indulge his love of cars/motocycles and boats. We should all be so lucky !! His M. O. is buy cars he "really loves", put them in first-rate order mechaniclly/cosmetically, use'm a year or two, then sell. Has 8,000 sq. ft. workshop, "clubhouse" and full time private mechanic (Ray) who is extremely Ferrari fluent.
    I would hazzard a guess that 90% of f-chat members would LOVE to have such a set-up.....play with mechanized treasures in-house with sales so as not to touch too much of one's principal. I had a great time visiting (several times) the Great State of Alabama !

Your car is the twin to the op car....only yours has original drivetrain.....thus the "lower" price on the Indigo car.

Jack

11. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #11 samsaprunoff, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. jippiejake

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    10 points off for sure...

13. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    HA ! 10 points off for the interior or non-matching engine?

Apples to apples....similar condition/history etc etc...non-matching engined car sells for what percentage "discount"?

Using this car as an example ($318k usd), compared to others on offer (335K-410K)+ I would have thought the difference would be much greater.

Thoughts?

ps jippiejake....I still say 525 min.....

Jack

14. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It seems like this car has been for sale for a long time. Love the car, not crazy about the wheels. Is this the same car Indigo had in Kentucky?

15. jippiejake

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    You are such a flirt Mr Jack..