1971 Ford Maverick | FerrariChat

1971 Ford Maverick

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 62 250 GTO, Jul 9, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
  2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
  3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Ewwwww. I don't like cheese or cottages.

P.S. Still no word back on the Camaro.

4. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    MG TD in South Bar Cape Breton looks interesting

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Went for a stroll did we?

I think the owner of that car is related to my mothers family, might even be a distant cousin to her.

6. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto

Odd's are he is related to both of us

get that sub 20k and you have something

7. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    What would your guess be on the ball park of that car?

It isn't what I'm looking for but another "bought and sold" that increases the bank account is always welcome.

8. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
  9. Lee in Texas

Lee in Texas Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2006
    near Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Lee
    My brother had its twin; the Mercury Comet. I helped him find parts for it and did a lot of research. IMHO, resale value is hit or miss. If you find a Maverick enthusiast who can't live without it, they may pay $10,500. I wouldn't buy it as an investment.

In the hot rod magazines, they turn up as "dare to be different" street machines. It's what people get when they can't find or afford a Camaro, Barracuda, etc.

I couldn't find a cheap '69-'73 Camaro for a hot rod project, so I got a Fox-body Mustang. Even picked up a second one with a ragtop. They are project cars, but I got both for less than half the price of a rusted-out '69 Camaro. They're 20 years newer, have no rust, tons of cheap hot rod parts, etc. Best of all, EFI. I love EFI.

10. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Just a daily driver is all I want. If it was an investment I would have to spend more and I wouldn't be able to drive it as much.

Also I'm not into "fixer-up" mode. The car has to drive well without bolting on new parts. I've seen Napolis' thread and that car looks great but I don't have any umph to go that far with a car.

Thanks for the informative post.

11. moretti124guy

moretti124guy Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael Satterfield
    Maverick's are good for one thing, stuffing a big motor in and drag racing. Thats about it. I have never seen one for more then $4,000 USD. In fact I sold a Grabber Maverick for a buddy of mine with a 302 v8 in it for $2500 bucks and it was a clean little car.

12. sdtradingguy

sdtradingguy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I had a original Maverick Grabber. It was red with the black stripes, dual scoop hood and all original paint, A/C etc. I got more compliments on it, then most of my other cars. I still regret selling it. It was a original California car with zero rust.

It looked NOTHING like a regular Maverick. Most are POS IMO. But, this had a 302 and could smoke most cars stock.

Now who usually wants them??? Well, lots of drag racers want them over the mustang. It was a pretty light car. If I would have built up the engine, put a 9" rear (with a locker), I could beat a similar equip mustang.

Here is a pic of what it looked like. The only difference was I kept the original white wall tires on it. It looked as good as this and only had 60k original documented miles.

http://www.stencilsandstripes.com/images/Ford/72_Grabber.jpg

13. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Geeze, a lot of people had experiences with this machine.

14. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    I'd work 3 jobs, collect pop cans, sell kidney... maybe both, just so I didn't have to drive a car like that!