1964 Bali Blue 356C | FerrariChat

1964 Bali Blue 356C

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by billswim, Dec 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. billswim

billswim Rookie

Jan 31, 2014
    Oakland ca
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #1 billswim, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Up for sale is a certified, numbers matching, Bali Blue 1964 356C.

Nearly 50 photos can be viewed here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskMAuWcx

Ownership since 2006 so not a flip. I’m facilitating the sale for my customer who is forced to sell her car due to medical reasons. She loves the car and doesn’t want to sell it but the reality is she can’t drive it any longer and she wants to see it driven.

This car is a solid, very good, driver’s level car with very few flaws. It turns heads everywhere it goes. Its a fantastic example but not concourse level. It starts from cold easily with no smoke from the tail pipes.

The engine runs flawlessly and smooth. The transmission shifts as good as any I’ve ever driven and I’ve driven many. Compression numbers on the engine are very good at 150-155 on all cylinders. The car cruises at 80 mph smoothly and comfortably giving the driver complete confidence. The brakes haul the car down from speed as they should with no pull in either direction.

It was originally ordered with the european exhaust and heater system for USA delivery. If you’re unfamiliar with that it makes a little more power and the heater really works! On a cold day you can be toasty warm in a few blocks. Usually the cars with this option were euro cars and rusted out badly but this car was first delivered to Oklahoma in January 1964 (see original title document)

All electrical items work. The clock even keeps accurate time! It has been converted to 12V. Some people balk at that but in my experience it makes the cars so much more useable.

The current color is the correct Bali Blue according to the C.o.A. but sometime in its life it was painted red before being repainted in the correct color as seen.

We just installed a fresh battery, flushed the fuel system, flushed the braking system, changed the oil and filter and it runs great. I’ve got receipts for recent brake hoses, king and link pins, clutch, major service, front shocks and tie rods. The case was split, new crank and rod bearings were installed in 2000, 15K miles ago.

The panel gaps are very good but not perfect. Both engine and trunk lids operate as they should and the hinges work properly without any hesitation.

According to my paint meter, there is a little body filler in both lower doors and the left front corner. The longitudinals and battery tray have been replaced at some time before this owner took possession of the car. No records exist of when or who did that work or the paint and body work, sorry. The paint is very nice but has a few chips and imperfections here and there.

The grey leatherette interior appears original and has a nice patina. The carpet looks to be very good but probably too nice to be the original carpets.

The brightwork is good with no significant pitting.

The one significant draw back on the car is on the headliner. It looks to have been replaced at some point but one of the headliner bows became unseated and poked a hole in the headliner above the wing window on the passenger side. We reseated the bow and smoothed the headliner as well as possible. The new owner can decide how they wish to address this problem.

The car is located in the SF bay area at my shop in Oakland. I can be reached during normal business hours on the phone at 510-420-1262 or by e-mail at [email protected] I put up a few pictures in the ad in addition to a link to more pics on flickr. If you require any specific shots or information that can be provided on request.

Asking $80K
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bikerider

bikerider Karting

Feb 19, 2012
    Maryland
    Very nice. I have a 64 and it always puts a smile on my face. they are really fun cars. GLWS