1961 Ferrari 250GT 2+2 owned by Lamborghini ? | FerrariChat

1961 Ferrari 250GT 2+2 owned by Lamborghini ?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by costi maneran, Sep 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. costi maneran

costi maneran Rookie

Sep 9, 2005
    Anybody have information about a 1961 Ferrari 250GT 2+2 owned by Ferruccio Lamborghini ? I need detail if someone have information about the car.

2. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
    Apparently he was not happy with it!

3. costi maneran

costi maneran Rookie

Sep 9, 2005
    Wikipedia.org :Ferruccio Lamborghini was an enthusiastic owner of sports cars, including a Ferrari. The standard tale goes that he took this car back to the Ferrari factory when its clutch failed. Enzo Ferrari refused to meet him, saying that 'A tractor manufacturer could never be expected to understand high-bred sports cars'. So—after fixing the clutch with surprising ease—he decided to go into business, building the perfect GT (Grand Touring) car. (Another version of the tale holds that Ferruccio was incensed when he found out that the bum clutch on his Ferrari was the exact same model that he used on his tractors, only far more expensive.) I whant to know if is a 1961 Ferrari 250GT 2+2 Pinifarina owned by Lamborghini .If is ,maibe someone help me to complete the story.

4. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
    This is a well known story and one of many which are attributable to the founding of the Lamborghini car production.

Tonino Lamborghini would be an obvious place to start or maybe Marcel knows.