1953 212 Inter Europa at MM 2020 (Stefanini/Zanni) | FerrariChat

1953 212 Inter Europa at MM 2020 (Stefanini/Zanni)

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Frank_Ford, Oct 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frank_Ford

Frank_Ford Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Terra
    Full Name:
    Frank Ford
  2. NunoRosso

NunoRosso Karting

Dec 10, 2007
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    0275 EU, maybe?

3. Frank_Ford

Frank_Ford Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Terra
    Full Name:
    Frank Ford
    Yes, I too had considered that, given that it had been offered for quite a while until 2017.
    Still hoping that someone might know "for a fact".

4. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Badge and text location on front fender confirms as 0275EU.

Fennicus likes this.
  5. Frank_Ford

Frank_Ford Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Terra
    Full Name:
    Frank Ford
    Kare, thanks for that observation.

6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    You qualify these “for a fact” ?
    Just curious.

7. Frank_Ford

Frank_Ford Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Terra
    Full Name:
    Frank Ford
    Sometimes, when there is a very finite number of "candidates", noticing the left/right presence, placement, even orientation of badges can narrow the field substantially.

8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Not to mention a lot can happen in nearly 70 year life of a car and multiple restorations over that time.

I was just curious about the logic between Kare’s “confirmation” and your request “for a fact”, that’s all.

9. Frank_Ford

Frank_Ford Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Terra
    Full Name:
    Frank Ford
    Well, the presence/absence/style, etc. of something is indeed a fact, if this is all about semantics?
    Of course, whether that undeniable fact represents a sufficiently unique/consistent differentiating mark among all candidates is left to the readers' further examinations.
    No doubt. On the other hand, for cars of that caliber, a quality restauration will typically be painstakingly true to earliest available photography on even the most minute detail - in particular when visible.

10. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #10 TTR, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Well, my limited experience observing history of "quality"(?) restorations, even on highest caliber cars and by most highly regarded "restorers", has far too often shown many, if not most, being far less than true to what they were back when new or represented in their "prime".

While I'm not doubting or questioning subject vehicle's ID nor does it make any difference to me, but unless someone intimately involved with it or someone with great authority having personally observed/verified it at the photographed event offers confirmation on it, I'm less likely to consider it as a "fact". But that's just me.