19 Year Old YT'ber Gets First US Pista... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

19 Year Old YT'ber Gets First US Pista...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SLDriver, Nov 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    My hope is we do not see "First USA Pista Totaled" with injury or death. At 19, I would not have been capable of using common sense driving sanely.

Lotaz, Shadowfax and Nelsonc275 like this.
  2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    This had nothing to do with Ferrari and everything to do with the dealer selling them the car.

Car will likely be sold in a few months through the dealer once they've made a few videos out of this. Classic dealer mule.

F2003-GA and energy88 like this.
  3. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Plenty of owners let their kids drive the exotic cars...

4. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I think you guys are way over thinking this or taking the opportunity to discuss other things that bother you...

Two dealers in my area. I boughrt f12 from one of them; received a call before the Pista video presentation and was told that leasing a Lusso would probably get me the first pista at the dealer (I believe it was supposed to be 12/2018 delivery).

Play ball and you'll get the early cars. Nothing to do with how high up the ladder you are (I know plenty of very high up the ladder owners and they aren't getting the first deliveries).

09Scuderia likes this.
  5. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    Welcome to the world of technology, I truly hope that they realize how lucky they are and grateful to be able to experience this at such a young age.$ rules that’s why the Pista is there, let’s just hope nobody gets hurt.Be careful have fun!

6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Right ? Hate the game not the player. Best , Kirk.

ZF123, Boomhauer, IPO1 and 1 other person like this.
  7. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Exactly, I don't know why everyone is so bent out of shape. Unfortunately social Media is such a powerful tool for branding.

8. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    i guess when Ferrari says they want you to buy a GT, they meant a GoaT. this situation is the poster child for everything thats wrong about how one gets one of these cars. a freakin' goat apparently did the trick

Shadowfax likes this.
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Agree, I think it was the goat that got the deal over the line.

10. rolikmeir

rolikmeir Karting

Aug 5, 2018
    lol @ people complaining about 19 year olds buying the ferrari. if they earn their own money then theres nothing to say,

jealousy everywhere.

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #86 Shadowfax, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Agree there is a lot of jealousy here and, a lot of self entitlement going on - based mainly upon big ego$ not wanting to play the game even though they were clearly told the rules up front.

These boys rocked up with a goat and a handful of cash and got lucky. Good luck to them! Anyone can get lucky. Look at lotto winners!

When I said it could have been the goat that got the deal over the line I meant it....as it could well have been.

12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Wait...what you are saying is that they got lucky with a goat and filmed it....??? :)

13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #88 Shadowfax, Nov 15, 2018
    Possibly. I mean listening to these 2 guys talk....well.....let's just say a deal can sometimes be put together for very strange reasons.. Who's to say the dealer got so fed up with egotistical Ferrari owners behaving badly over the stated Pista terms, and thought this'll fix em good and proper - wait till they see this vid! LOL! As in for not playing the game this is what we (Ferrari) can and will do if you don't toe the line in future. The next Pista will go to a cow!

tekaefixe likes this.
  14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    They have the cash , well , good on them i say . BUT thank God they didn't follow Justin B and turn it into a dogs breakfast !

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Justin Bieber is in his early 20s and has a net worth of about 200 million. I’d say he has done all right for himself.

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The boys have demonstrated good taste in their cat.

17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #92 Shadowfax, Nov 15, 2018
    Sadly a live example that money cant buy manners taste or class. These 2 boys have done a far better job with just a goat and a car!

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m sure he’s super concerned about what people think of him and his taste

19. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I dont begrudge them their success. If I could manipulate 12 million idiots to watch my videos every months Id do it as well...

Lotaz, stavura, Dave rocks and 2 others like this.
  20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Doesnt excuse the obvious .... just saying.

These 2 boys may not be as wealthy but are a long way ahead of the game - at least appear to have their feet on the ground and their heads out of their backsides. Same with their goat.

We may see them in the next issue of FM!

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Exactly!!!

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I guess we should all count ourselves in as part of those 12m idiots - seeing we all watched it haha! Not sure what was the highlight - the goat taking a dump or the car being given full noise up the public road over and over lol.

Chadly likes this.
  23. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #98 iloveferrari, Nov 15, 2018
    Lol. Jealous you say...this is not a lambo forum frequent with 20+ years old. I doubt most people on this forum with the background we have will be jealous of 2 teenagers, regardless how rich or popular they are.

Some even have invested financial interest in Ferrari as a company. I for one am concerned about the marketing department if Ferrari thinks it needs help from 2 kids on youtube to help publicity. Conversely, I was reassured when Ferrari rejected David Lee for LaF allocation based on how he used the brand for self promoting purpose of his jewerly store.

At the end of the day, I feel that it may be the dealer that was at play. Whether or not one is wiling to play the dealer's game is one thing, but if one is not playing based on principle alone, then it is a completely different matter.

So I think your generalization of how Fchatters are "jealousy everywhere" based on your short experience with Fchat is quite...how should I put it....not surprising for your stated age in your profile.

boobernackle likes this.
  24. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    So .. apparently these guys live in my area.

My kids know them... will investigate...

25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I see at 26 he east owns a 458... noone1 is only a few years older has no car at all yet stirs up a ton more trouble.. so maybe let's cut him a bit of slack. I'd say you're right about it being mostly a dealer decision but I also wouldn't discount Ferrari as not having a say in it as well. There are reasons for everything. Appealing to the younger generation has merit. The dream needs to be kept alive. I think seeing them in FM wouldn't be a bad thing for a change.

iloveferrari and MANDALAY like this.