#18231 | FerrariChat

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by 300GW/RO, Sep 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Approx 18-24 mos ago I saw this (web site only) lovely machine at Overstreet House of cars when I was searching for Daytona, of which they had a yellow/blue at the time....yes, dark blue hides...missed the Daytona, and soon there after #18231 vanished too. I recall that she (#18231) was discussed on f-chat several times and I really liked the color combo (dark blue/tan w/blue "inserts"/piping), Borrani wheels and the like. I recall a mostly favorable tone from the chatters, yet the usual "niggling" did appear.....I really cannot recall exactly....but nothing to scare one away. Well, time went by, never got the Daytona, did buy a C/4 and a 512 bb carbed...just before the lift-off. As the market moved, pricing me out of most models, I returned to the GT4 question. Did some reading, looked at piles of pictures and spoke to a few of you, thank you ! Got "the fever" all over again and started in earnest to find a nice 365....then I remember the Overstreet car. As I was typing in the web-address, I told myself if it was there again, I was going to buy it.
    Well, it was and I did....June 2014.....Curves Ahead transport delivered in July and I could not be more thrilled.

I have spoken to three former owners (Nick @ Overstreet, Richard in Ca and Joe in Oregon)....ALL loved the car and took very good care of her...Richard rebuilt the motor/tranny/suspension....really everything as he wanted a "near perfect car", Joe did the exhaust system and Nick simply drove her limited miles with maintenance.

Reason for my post is if anyone here knows anything further about #18231, please send it along! My photo-up loading skills do not exisit (I'll ask teenage son!) , but I think if go to Overstreet House of Cars "sold inventory", pics may still be up.

Thanks,

Jack

2. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Hi Jack, sounds like the car was waiting for you to own it !

I looked at the Overstreet site - wow they have some great cars there (I collect Cadillacs and love the Brad Garrett 1948 convertible - if only I had some spare cash thrown carelessly in a paper bag somewhere....)

Couldn't see any cars in their sold section so please post pix soon.

Good luck with the 365 and welcome to the club.

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Click advanced.....manage attachments....selects pics to upload. Simple.

4. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

5. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Jack,

Congratulations on your wonderful car! In regards to pictures, indeed, I posted these pics a while ago in another thread:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/365-gt4-2-2-400-412/261081-365-gt4-2.html#post141991001

Enjoy your car in excellent health!

Cheers,

Sam

6. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

Thank you Sam.....you too!

As I said in my OP, if anybody has info or cares to comment, pls. do. I am particularly interested in the interior as I understand #18231 may have some 412 "bits" added-in ??

Car runs/drives terrifically...the previous owners did a masterful job (especially Richard) with the mechanical components. Red valve covers kinda startled-me at first glance!

Jack

7. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

By following the threads that Sam's post "opened-up"....I was able to read thru several years and comments by a number of current "chatters" on #18231. Thanks for the input.....it is a very clean car and I am pleased to own it!

Jack