Dino Saga 071111 _ Stearn’s Wharf | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 071111 _ Stearn’s Wharf

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Nov 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Nov 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 071111 _ Stearn’s Wharf

A few weeks ago I took the car to the Santa Barbara Harbor. Lots of nice restaurants and good boat and people watching. Not too many tourists. Tourists were on the other side of the harbor. Saturday afternoon I decided to see what was happening on Stearn’s Wharf. The other side of the harbor. Veterans Day Holiday is on Monday with a three day weekend. The crowds had started coming on Friday and by Saturday the motels and hotels were packed. Went out to the end of the wharf and parked for a little while. Tourists were there in droves. Took some shots by Moby Dick Restaurant. Too busy. Breakfast time is much quieter, food is good and view is great any time of the day. Parallel parking was a little dicy so I went back down the wharf to the valet parking by the Harbor restaurant. Nice new red 430 was right up front but the guys said there was room for one more. Had to park me in front of the 430. Oh well.

Harbor Restaurant is downstairs. Fine foods, decor and service. Open for lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday. Breakfast too on Sunday. Longboard’s is upstairs with a surfer’s motif, barrels of peanuts and peanut shells on the floor. Glassed in outdoor patio and nice big bar inside. Best view on the wharf. Height is enough to see sailboats, fishing boats and just plain fun boats in the ocean, the harbor and 50 feet from your table. Also Hawaiian outrigger canoes, kayaks and sea skis. Add surfers standing on their boards with a long paddle. And real surfers riding the break along the sand bar.

Had a Coors on Longboards patio, shot the cars and watched the people. Ferraris do stop the folks. Went downstairs and looked closely at the 430. Sure is pretty but a lot larger than the Dino. Beautiful seats with lots of side support. Wish my Dino seats were like that. High G turns in the Dino move you way to the side. Back end of the 430 is all engine. Impressive. Guy and gal got in the 430 and fired it up. Sound is great at idle. Would love to hear what it sounds like in anger. One last shot of the tourists walking by and time to go. Nice afternoon.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Man the Dino looks so tiny next to the 430.

3. jim13mac

jim13mac Rookie

Jun 28, 2006
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    John,
    30 degrees here today with snow flakes in the air, wish I was back there..... sigh....
    Great pictures, Thanks!
    Jim

4. John 246

John 246 Rookie

Jan 15, 2007
    What fantastic photos to compare the Dino/430. It makes you realise just how tiny the Dino actually is, thats for sure. We are heading off this coming weekend around the top of the South Island{ NZ } and down the West coast on a bi annual Italian car run called " Latins By The Lake ". About 1000km trip so should be great. There are two other Dinos taking part, as well as ours, and we are also being met by two other non participating Dinos along the way. Both of these cars are recent aquisitions for their owners.Danny, {Dino owner} is going to take some pics and post them this weekend for you to have a look at.

Cheers,

John.{# 02688 }

5. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

+1 Great comparison shot.

In 1984 I volunteered at the Olympics and they assigned me to the Sailboarding exhibition at East Beach, Santa Barbara - the place still has that charm!