Dino Saga 070923 _ First Rain | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 070923 _ First Rain

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Sep 23, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 070923 _ First Rain

Beautiful day on Saturday. Day before was not so good. Cloudy and cold morning and rain Friday evening. Had to go downtown just as it started so got a reality check on my wiper fix. Worked fine. We should not have rain for another couple of months but rogue storms come through a few times a year. Thursday it was 75 and sunny. Friday got down to the 60s with wind, rain and lightning. Saturday back up to the 70s, sunny and calm. We got a whopping ¼” of rain from the whole thing. Hey, in Southern California we don’t complain about any rain we can get. Been dry and the golf course loved the baby soaking.

Roads were slippery and fool SoCal drivers again forgot about slippery roads on the first day of rain. The normal banging and crashing. To add to the confusion, the lightning knocked out power for about 30 minutes and all the stop lights near my house went dead, defaulted to blinking red and stopped traffic in all directions. Out at 5:00, on at 5:30, lights reset by 7:00. Aint technology wonderful? Actually, as a reformed New Yorker, California with all its foibles is pretty easy to take. And Santa Barbara is something special on top. Been taking it for 54 years.

Had to go downtown around 4:00 PM when rain was coming down pretty good. Got a chance to try wiper fix. Also got to try defroster rework for first time this rainy season. All is fine. Control lines to the air control valves still feel smooth after 6-8 months of sitting in one spot. Same for water valve. I usually keep the water valve open some, even in the summer, unless I need cold air coming in. When I replaced the valve last year, the thing had frozen in the closed position and there was a heavy build up of a waxy substance in everything. I figure that partly open will keep the juices moving. So far, so good.

Took the attached pics on Saturday around noon. Mountains were spectacular with the clouds running past. Later the sunset really did itself proud. Car just needed a quick wipe after the Friday rain. Driving had let the rain clean everything off except the deck behind the rear window. That is a stagnation point, probably a low pressure area, so everything that lands there stays there. The water droplets grow and sweep up dust, then evaporate the next day. I had lots of little white spots that wiped right off. Sure do like the metallic with clear coat. Spots or no, the pictures look pretty good as long as you don’t zoom in too close. Cloud reflections are really nice!

Big kid’s birthday party yesterday evening. Twenty five 13 year olds can burn a lot of energy. Pool got well stirred. Hamburgers got well ‘et. Cake disappeared like magic. Today is the annual Swim School graduation ceremony and awarding of the trophies. Maybe 50 kids plus parents. Going to be another busy day. Later.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login