$15k silver 83 400i auto in LA | FerrariChat

$15k silver 83 400i auto in LA

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bjwhite, Aug 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
  2. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    There was a thread about this car a few weeks back. I see it's still for sale-wonder how bad it really is?

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Odd...I must have missed the thread. Either that or I completely forgot about it. hahahah....

4. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Needs TLC, must sell fast - it's pulling his wallet under! ;)

Regards,

Art S.

5. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I talked to the guy, & was going to look at it. Then I came to my senses, & figured I wouldn't have the time or $ to invest in fixing. Might be a good project for someone?

6. wrecktech

wrecktech Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    This car was a mechanic lien
    Must sell fast

These statements in the ad would make me wonder about the title.

7. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Come On!
    15 grand is waht other Ferrari owners spent in service alone

I'd buy it.

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    So if anyone talks to the seller, I wonder what service was just completed to get that mechanic lien?

Also, a mechanic lien wouldn't do anything to the title once a new owner gets it.....at least that's my understanding. It's not like a salvage title or anything...

9. ed_and_tonny

ed_and_tonny Karting

Aug 4, 2006
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Full Name:
    Ed Quillian
    The car was just partially serviced to get it running again. All new electronic ignition . Compression on all cylinders 165-175. Will need a least a partial paint job due to bad clear coat and sun damage on the hood and roof. Pretty bad case of the leather pull back on the rear deck and some on the front dash. Has 2 new tires, needs 2 more. Bad paint crack on right rear area below the rear window and the fender area (at the transition). Leathers look good except for a couple of black stains in the drivers seat which may or maynot come out. Has a deposit on it (darn - one of my candidate cars). Odometer indicates 32K+. Service center owner seems to think somewhere between that and 40K depending on how many miles it had when it actually came in country. No papers with the car. Vin check shows last registration in 2000 at 27K+. New title applied for.