Dino Saga 070429 _ Got the sun | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 070429 _ Got the sun

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Apr 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Apr 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 070429 _ Got the sun

Got a whole week of sun and everyone is smiling. Two weeks ago, rain and snow. Got a few pictures of what we saw from my back porch back then. Happens about twice a year and all the teenagers head for the hills. Haul pickups full of snow back and have great snowball fights. All over by lunch.

Couple of days ago got the car all polished and the right front marker got its new lens to match the left one. Alternator pulley has survived a week and all is fine. Time to take a ride. I get a kick out of finding interesting houses and landscaping projects that make backgrounds for my Dino shots. Haven’t been up in the San Antonio Creek area for years. Big forest fire ran through there in 1991 and about 300 homes were destroyed in an afternoon. Virtually all were well insured and were rebuilt to much better than new. The landscaping has had a reasonable time to get settled so thought I would take a ride up and take a look. Good move.

It was about 5:00 PM and sun was warming things up just nicely. About 78. More better. Drove about 5 blocks and had more than I could handle in the time I had. Picked half a dozen houses and played with angles. Just stopped in the street, jumped out, made two shots and moved on. Will go back to some of them one of these days and play with other car angles but the backgrounds did fine. Could have worked with another dozen houses with spectacular landscaping. All shot from the middle of the street. VERY nice neighborhood. I imagine that pros work the area for fashion shots and so do the Brooks students that shoot everything in the city.

Will let the pictures carry the rest of this Saga. Swimming seasons starts at 11:00 AM today and I am chief honcho. Will be busy getting everything sorted out.

Keep Driving.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MRONY

MRONY Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mike O.
    Dammit, that is one beautiful car. Great color in the blue sky. What are all those wierd green things and the structures behind them? Are those called "plants and houses"? Too distracting. No parts from Modena (except maybe in one of the baths?)

3. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    #3 Crawler, Apr 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Gorgeous! I used to love to drive up to SB when I lived in LA (moved away at the end of '90). Now, I'm on the East Coast, but there are lots of beautiful places here in South Carolina as well. We even have mountains with snow in the winter, but I have to drive a couple of hundred miles to get to them!

4. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Lovely gardening!

Are there photos of the Dino in snow?

5. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    Nope. No mud, no sand, no salt, no snow. There are limits. That is where my wife's minivan comes in. I do drive around town in the rain but stay on city streets or freeways. That is why California cars last pretty well. Washing the car is actually a bigger danger than the weather. My biggest problem is gravel chips from driving on back country roads in dry weather. The 10 year paint schedule takes care of that pretty well. The point is to drive for the fun of it. Do it every day.

John