Dino Saga 061112 _ How Sagas go together | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 061112 _ How Sagas go together

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Nov 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 061112 _ How Sagas go together

Anyone who takes pictures has the question; how do I find it again? How do I edit it? How do I post it? Been taking digital pics for a long time and gave up on trying to catorigize pictures as I took them. Any picture can be used for as many reasons as there are stars in the sky. I just save them by their date, in master folders by year, directly in the root directory of my hard drive. C:jcpics06/

I use Fuji FinePix Viewer 4.0 to upload pics from my camera. It is a modification of Windows software that adds options for name of files and folders. Allows printouts of pictures with captions (file name, etc.) if desired. The program downloads the pictures into a default folder named “YYYY_MMDDImage” based on the current date or the first date a picture was taken. The word “Image” is editable and I change it to “p” in the interest of getting a shorter title to display when editing. I want to be able to see all of the name with no scrolling. The pictures are then downloaded into that folder using a picture name based on the sequence taken. “C:jcpics06/2006_0112p/2006_0112p0007” is the 7th picture taken after clearing camera memory and taking #1 on Jan 12, 2006.

OK, now we have them, how do we find them? Picasa from Google. Fast scanning and quality of thumbnails is great. You can get a 1 to 1 display to check that focus is right and shot worth editing. Any shrunk picture is suspect, no matter what the program. Every shot is a special case as to the amount of sharpening that is optimum for a final screen size. I make pen and paper notes of the shots that are of interest for a specific purpose.

Editing is a separate program. I use PhotoStudio by ArcSoft. Fast and has all the critical functions. I don’t miss the hundreds more offered by PhotoShop. There is a limit to the amount of editing that is worthwhile if you are going to post a picture limited to 800 x 800. FerrariChat’s limit is great for internet use. Magazine covers want 8,000 by 10,000. There you want PhotoShop. When a picture is selected for use I save it in the same folder under a short name, “007”.Then I edit that copy at full camera resolution, shrink, sharpen, confirm size and save under same name. Finally open a new sub folder “captions” where I copy all edited pictures and add captions as required. I have the original, an edited and shrunk version and a captioned version. Finally I print out all captioned pics, 9 per page with file names for each. Writing is all done in Microsoft Word. Sagas are one full page of text and 2 pictures per page as required. I size all pictures to 5.4 inches wide placing file names just above each. I then print the Saga. Save them all in a big loose leaf binder.

To post: Open Word, the Saga file, highlight text, press CTRL C, open FChat, select Forum, select Thread, CTRL V in the Message box, highlight title, CTRL C, go to Title, CTRL V. Saga and Title are in. Go to Manage Attachments, enter pictures. Read file names from the printed Saga. All pics are in the “captions” folder. Fast and easy. Upload and Preview. Edit as necessary. Submit. Hope this helps others to take the plunge. Going to paint the car tomorrow. Same color. Took a few pics without the bumpers. Looks good but needs jewelry. Bumpers will stay. 2-3 weeks. Will keep you posted.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Those look like old 15" Speedline rims on your Dino. If so, Michelin has reintroduced their TB15 series racing tire in a street legal form available from Coker tire. The TB5 series is too soft to last very long. Not a cheap tire by any means but a lower profile than the ones you are running from what my eye tells me. Any problem with tire rubbing on full steering lock? I have some on normal Dino rims with the standard Michelin 205VR 15.

3. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Sports Cars Plus,LLC
    Nice pictures. Really like the Bird of Paridise in the background, not to mention the mountains.

4. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    No rubbing at lock. Wheels are Gotti 16", 8" wide front, 8.5" wide at rear, 4" offset both ends. Tires are 205/55 VR 16 Front and 225/50 VR 16 rear. Darn near perfect combo. Could use another 50-100 HP.

John

5. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel

If you need some TB or any other vintage Michelin let me know, I work at Coker. I'll get you a good deal.

Jerry

6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Were the photos taken at Hope Ranch in Santa Barbara?

7. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    Pictures taken at Hidden Oaks Country Club, Santa Barbara. Right on the edge of Hope Ranch. Beautiful spot. Stop by and play a round. 9 hole par three layout about 1,000 yards long. Challenging.

John

8. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Dear John, I saw a car like yours but it has the Ferrari badge that you presently have on the back near the lights on top of the decklid instead like on a 308 and on most other Ferraris - I liked it that way. In the position that you have the Ferrari badge at present, the particular owner had the stallion badge. I really liked it like that. I dare say I thought it looked better and "more original". Just a suggestion but if you like it better that way too, the time to do it is when you are painting it. Really nice car - I wish it was mine! I really like the color too.

9. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    That bumperless look is really growing on me. Lets the true form of the car shine uncluttered.