11/14 -- Early AM Downtown Boston Meet...my last Boston gala :( | Page 4 | FerrariChat

11/14 -- Early AM Downtown Boston Meet...my last Boston gala :(

Discussion in 'New England' started by Nabbs, Nov 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    welcome! i love rs6's.

good news.. weather.com says rain moved to the evening on sunday!

2. burnt pixel

burnt pixel Rookie

Sep 14, 2004
    Nabbs, I'll do my best to be there with my Z & camera in tow. Hopefully I can wake up early enough.

3. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Post Meet, F1 Boston is doing a 20 lap for 20 bucks, no license fee for the day!!

Reminder; bring ur fastlane transponders so we can blow thru the tolls at 15mph... kidding of course

4. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Just did another dry run down through Boston from Newton in my Z to make sure that the roads are up to par and are passable by low cars.

Rain isn't expected till the afternoon. If it's overcast or there is a light drizzle; it's still on.

Mileage is between 8-10 miles
    Departure: 6:30AM from Newton
    Route:
    Storrow Drive (Inbound) to Fenway/Kenmore Exit
    Down Boylston then up Newbury Street.
    Back on Storrow Drive to Logan entrance (read:tunnels)
    We take the tunnels to the Downtown exit.
    Then up and down Atlantic Ave to the Aquarium.
    * if time permits we might go down Atlantic Ave to hit some more back streets.

To get to Newton:
    I90 East or West to exit 17
    Stay in the middle lane to Washington St. at the lights.
    100' or so you'll see that Wash. bears left and you cross over 90
    get in the far right and make a right onto Centre St.
    Drive 1/2 a mile down Centre, and George will be on your left.

My cell is 857 919 1831.

See y'all tomorrow!

-N

5. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    I will post here tomorrow if things are a go/nogo (they will of course be a go -- have faith) :)

Any questions feel free to call me at 857 919 1831 tomorrow b4 your leave.

Rain is not expected till the late AM (11AM), so we can still get out, do the run, meet, snap a few pictures, and all be home before the rain.

-N

6. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Rookie

Nov 27, 2004
    I'll be there assuming the weather is even somewhat ok - I'm bringin an 05 chrome orange loaded elise - hard top, sport pack, touring pack - roof on or off depending on the sky

can't wait to meet some of you

i'm planning to show up in newton first

what time is the official meeting time in newton?

7. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
  8. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I am still planning on meeting in Newton as well. The meeting time is going to be around 6-6:15 if I am not mistaken. Always better to be there early rather then late IMO. Can't wait to meet some new car enthusiests and see some old faces again.

9. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Hey!

You must be Will's friend?

We are meeting @ 35 George St between 6-6:30.

The weather should be fine in the AM -- if it is raining cats and dogs, I'll post here and cancel.

If you need to call me in the AM call me 857 919 1831.

-N

10. Volvo Grrrr

Volvo Grrrr Rookie

Nov 27, 2004
    Boston
    Hey guys. Agent Orange finally convinced me to come along. I have nothing special like you guys. Just a 99 VW Passat. I'm planning on meeting in Newton as it's a couple of miles from my house. I'll have both a DV Camcorder and a digital cam to use. DV camcorder will be on my interior mount once things get rolling.

Can't wait to meet you guys tomorrow!

BTW what's the info on the F1 Boston Post Meet? I'll bring my helmet in case it's happening. Haven't been there since before the summer and I've been itching to go back!

Ron

11. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    awesome glad you can make it with another camera! i'll have my still camera and video camera and hopefully my friend is also bringing a video camera along. i'll have to make a little mix of the day from the videos.

also can't wait to see an elise up close! hopefully meet some more people on here as well. even if theres some rain let's not have this last cruise ruined! itll be a great time. we even figured out a new route to make sure some tunnels were included. see everyone early in the AM.

12. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Rookie

Nov 27, 2004
    Hmmm I think I know a few Will's - which will is it? what's he drive? I'm an ex-audi guy - I'll bring a nikon d100 for some good shots i hope

13. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    OK, I am just about the leave the house now at 5AM or so. This event better take place or I am going to be very agry Nabbs;)!!

14. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    same here. ill be leavin in about 15 mins.

15. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Ok the weather is holding! No rain, just cloudy. Rain is expected by early afternoon -- and we should all be home and back in bed by then.

I'll see everybody shortly at Newton.

For those meeting us downtown: if you get there before us just pull past the cab stand but not past the parking lot on your left.

-N

16. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Good meet everyone. Glad to see a solid turnout for it. Hopefully, we will have some pictures up soon. Thanks Naveed for putting this together.

17. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    Sorry I missed the meet ,we had a good dinner-birthday party for a great friend last night.I got up at 5 and checked in to see if the event was still on ,,but i was still to drunk to drive ,missed all of you ,,next time
    DAVID

18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Thanks Nabbs and Co. for putting that on, it was a fun little run and nice to meet some of the local car guys.

19. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Awesome meet, a drive I will not soon forget. Gotta do a longer one next time! Great meeting everyone again, sorry about my stinky catless exhuast. I thought the issue had subsided, but alas, I normally don't get on the WOT as often as today!

For Will and those who missed it, the route was mostly bump free. I hit the new greenway road that just opened up, but the crosswalks were all elevated a few inches from the street, so it sucked for a lowered car like mine..

20. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Prova and Zan,

Wish you guys could have made it. I understand it was very early, and the weather was not promising...... Hope to run with you guys again soon,

Alex