100 Worst Cars of All Time...2 Ferraris, 1 Lambo... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

100 Worst Cars of All Time...2 Ferraris, 1 Lambo...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 4re Nut, Dec 12, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    At least it's less worse than the Mondial. :rolleyes:

2. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    Can't believe the Atom is on there, among a few others.

There's no objective reason that is could possibly be ranked in the bottom 100 cars ever.

One person's trash, I suppose...

3. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    Jeg's sells re-sleeveable dry-sump aluminum Rodeck engines?

As to the original article, it's got lots of subjective comments. I disagree with a lot of it.

4. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I couldn't care less what these twits who only regurgitate the thoughts of other mis/uninformed "journalists" write. But I'd love to know what these clowns have in their own garages.

Bashing the Aztek grows tedious and blaming Pontiac's demise on it is rediculous. It soldiered on as a reskinned Buick, sold reasonably well and is not regarded as a "bad" car.
    There are some cars on the list I agree with and more I strongly disagree with. I can poke holes in the writers arguements for nearly all.
    At least my poor 400i escaped the list this time.

5. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    People just don't seem to understand that the Vector W8 failed more due to poor decisions and Andre Agassi's unfair complaint. People just assume it failed because it was a bad car.

Chris

6. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Any 100 worst cars list is incomplete if it doesn't contain at least one Audi.

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Seriously stupid article. The Aztech is a lousy car but worse than a Trabant or Yugo?

The Espada is absolutely beautiful. This guy has his head up between his butt cheeks.

8. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    I'd like to see this guy's "best" list. What is left - Camry & Accord? Jeesh.

9. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    The cost of the parts combined to make a reliable street engine is on par with exotic costs to build the engine... and the additional engineering that went into it.

The Rodeck y block is reslevable to 572 CID, and in the vector was 366 CID. Everything from the intake to the exhaust was engineered for this car to last. The block itself was designed for drag racing; and is actually architecturally different than other small blocks.

The good thing about the engine being available today is that the car is STILL maintainable all these years later :)

Good luck with your XJ220's, and Ford turbo 2.2 in the RS200 etc.

10. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    Most of the cars they describe deserve to be on the list.

But a Ferrari 612?? Are they out of their mind???? It's one of the most stunning cars on the road. A fabulous Ferrari with 4 seats (gorgeous, powerful, well-built, turning heads like other Ferraris, ...).

The Espada is also a magnificent car.

11. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    Well at least we now have more candidates for "The 50 Worst Motoring Journalists Of All Time"

12. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    43. 1979 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

I'm throwing the BS Flag here. My uncle had one and it was by far the most reliable Benz he had ever own. As a matter of fact he still talks about how the quality of Mercedes today is so bad compared to what he had.

13. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Alright I'll fess up, I'm driving the #6 worst car of the last hundred years! Can anyone beat that? Anyone rolling around driving #1-5?

14. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Big pimpin'! :D

15. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Renault Alliance.....I drove that scourge.

16. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My cousin has an Isetta, it's an awesome little car.
    What a stupid and flawed list.

17. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    As did I. Worst... Car... Ever...

18. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    So, according to this list - General Motors is directly responsible for at least 65% of the automotive abominations produced in the last 100 years.

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    He thinks the 612 is "more Buick than Ferrari"? I always thought that applied more to the 365 2+2/400/412 line, which had a greenhouse that would not have looked out of place on a Buick Regal.

The Aztek may be the ugliest car of all time, but the worst? (The Aztek's cousin, the Buick Rendezvous, wasn't bad-looking at all.) I'd vote for the Trabant and the Yugo as the worst before the Aztek. And an old friend of mine would surely have put the MG 1100/Austin America on the list.

The only one of these I ever drove was a Geo Metro, for three weeks when my Accord was in the body shop. For a rental car, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it came with a 5-speed, and with that tranny the little box was actually rather fun to drive. I'd agree that the car with an automatic would have been too slow for words.