360 - 100 cell sport cats going on... | FerrariChat

360 100 cell sport cats going on...

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ghostdiver, May 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Gearing up for my annual and one thing that is different is AP 100 cell sport cats are going in. Have been smelling the faint "rotten egg" smell over the past year and even though I've got a refineries all around me, I took the proactive approach and ordered these up...at least that's the story I told my wife/accountant.

Anyway, I already know it's going to be "slightly" louder so my question isn't about that. Car is a 99 Modena w/factory headers and CS exhaust. ECM tuning by Mase to CS "plus" specs. My question is about O2 sensors and such.

I know with test pipes, most people experience Check Eng. lights but with the 99 being a little bit looser as far as emissions goes, has anyone had this issue with 100 cell cats and SES light coming on? Did you have to put in mini-cats to keep the ECM happy? O2 sensors may be original with 20k miles that I personally have put on since I've had the car. Recommend changing them out or leave them be since they are happy right now?

2. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I have a 2001 so my results may differ:

Replaced stock headers (w cat media), w aftermarket headers,
    Stock cat pipes w 200 cell
    And stock muffler w cs.

1. I got a cel which was remedied w an o2 sensor extender.

2. Noise—. This ex system w cs muffler was too loud for me... particularly on cold start I went back to stock muffler and I get plenty of ex note w valves open. I have the stock tune and I’m convinced my car picked hp and tq w the re install of stock muffler.

3. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    I have an 02 with Capristo Lv3 and 100 cell cats. The difference in volume from the cats was substantial, at least 30% louder. I get a check engine lite that I clear with my scanner every couple start ups. I do not have the extenders. I am switching the cats for Capristo test pipes and Mase Tune next Thursday to erase the cel.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    99 here with av engineering stage 2 CS tune. Done by trev .
    360cs exhaust ,430 maf ,200 cell high flow cats NO pre cats . I have no check engine light at all and the cool thing that trev does is make the exhaust temp probs not need them. And gives the tune where you can't get a check engine light due to the 02 sensor reading a high-flow cat.

Ghostdiver and one4torque like this.