$100,000.00 Drop in price..Ford GT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

$100,000.00 Drop in price..Ford GT

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by msdesignltd, Jul 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale

Maybe a price level closer to the other colors but never two grand as you suggest. Wishful thinking.

2. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I agree. I prefer most of the other colors offered especially the dark blue much better than the heritage paint. Some others must like that color scheme to cause the price increase.

3. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I Think prices may deflate a bit temporarily for cars that shot up drastically but for cars that just went up a bit they may just go down a little bit. But at the end of the day it's supply and demand if someone wants that particular example bad enough and there are non for sale... They got to pay!!!

4. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    isn't ford making a new version of the GT? Hence the price drop on the "old" ones

5. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    It will cost around $400k, if you can get it.
    Lucky dealers who get single unit allocation will hoard them and immediately put a premium on them.
    Time will show how high but it will be high regardless.....

6. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Your right. I'm guessing dealers asking $100k over will not be uncommon when they hit the road any I'm guessing they will only go up from there.

7. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I just checked prices on EBay today the average prices are between 250 to 300 and th y have been there for the past 2 years. I never understood the premium on the heritage cars. The heritage cars will probably settler in to where they should be... About 50k above a similar speced and mileage GT

8. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    I don't see the drop in pricing spoken about above. They only built 4,000 of them. A lot have been wrecked and are on salvage titles, as well as sent to Europe and elsewhere. They look like the original, which is still one of the greatest looking racing cars ever! And the new car will cost $400k, and have a twin turbo 6cyl, not the 8 that is in the GT.

We have parked ours with 7,500 miles on it, and expect it to keep on rising for years to come.

The Fordgtforum is a great spot to keep up on what these cars are still bringing.

Cars with 5-10k miles are still bringing $250- $275k, and I don't think they will ever dip below that. Yes, the no miles, Heritage cars may back up a bit, but I believe the new GT will do nothing but make ours even more popular.

Name me another car in the last 20 years that has appreciated from it's original cost in a 10 year span ?

It's still the most fun car I have owned, and if you get a chance, drive one !

9. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Enzo
    F50
    LaFa
    599 GTO
    CGT
    997 GT3/GT3RS
    McLaren F1 (right on the 20 year line)

shall I continue? :)

now if you had said name another American car that's done that in the last 20 years, that would be a very short list...

10. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    I stand corrected, but that is a pretty good list to be associated with.

11. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    What are the production numbers of that cars on that list....anything close to 4000? That certainly has a bearing on values.

12. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It wasn't but a couple years ago these thing were trading at $150K and people thought that was a lot.

If the market went back to $150K that does NOT mean the market busted. I'd be curious to know how many of these EVER actually traded above $300K or even $200K.

Asking and Getting are 2 different things. ASKING prices for everything have been very high in the last year. I'd bet not much traded in the last year. There are many cars on my list and I haven't bought any in the last year because I think the market is dumb. I think there a lot of folks like me.

13. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    true.

14. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I have personally been offered an 8K mile car for $230K and that is lower than the ask for a much higher mileage car earlier this year. Anecdotal data for sure, but there it is and makes me nervous as a buyer

15. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I agree; I am in the market but not at current prices.

16. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    What color? I'm in the market for a black one with silver stripes. Please PM me info.

Thank you,
    Alex