#1 Reminder | FerrariChat

#1 Reminder

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by dfranzen, Jan 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Keep the battery tender plugged in!

Havent been driving too often due to travel and Holidaze

went out yesterday cause my 328 buddy wanted to meet up for a Bu drive and click click click

sheeeet no drive for me have to trickle charge!

definitely have not been driving enough!!!!!

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Battery Maintainer - is da bomb !!!!!

Love to you and the T girl!!

Hankster

3. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Damn these lead acid batteries! In my case these ancient devices require me to drive almost on a daily basis. But I accept this hardship with equanimity.

4. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    thanks Don! it's on :) haven't seen her in some weeks. Not sure how she is doing, but I won't wake her in during wintersleep. She will get grumpy!

5. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I went ahead and attached a battery tender connector right to the battery. So all I have to do is push the 2 pin plug (male/female on each side) on. Takes under a minute, including opening the hood and plugging it in.

I do find that I can go about 3 weeks without driving and no battery issues. Any longer than that and I plug it in. But it is rare it doesn't get taken out for such a long stretch.

Regards,
    Jerry

6. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #6 hank sound, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    I truly feel that we're fooling ourselves into thinking that all is OK with the battery, just because it had (just) enough grunt left to start the car after a protracted layoff.

I don't believe I'm wrong about the following: a battery that is (constantly) maintained by a good product, will be at the top of its game!! It will have a much longer life span than one that is forced to do the "I'm up - I'm down" dance. And BTW, the alternator will be busting its ASS, trying to bring that voltage back up to close to 14 volts (hello repair time - $$).

It's just a $39.00, no brainer item that can save us so much AGRO !!!!! Got it? :):)

Cheers, Hank