1%er Question | Page 3 | FerrariChat

1%er Question

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by mikesufka, Apr 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    Good call. The funny thing is there are guys riding around with SOA colors that have state rockers etc. Thats a really bad idea. They have no idea what they are representing and it really pisses the guys that earned their colors and 1% diamond off. Eventually one of the guys wearing the SOA colors is going to forget who he really is and run his mouth.

You cant understand something you haven't earned. You have no idea what the rules are and your walking into a really bad situation that you know nothing about. It's not TV show ya know?

It would be like me opening the hood of your car and saying "I got This" it's not going to turn out well!

2. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  3. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    Ya Peg is looking pretty good these days!

4. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    My favorite is the temporary back tattoo. Really? Why? It confuses the hell out of me it really does. Whatever. Im just waiting for some bozo to show up at a bike show shirtless with one! LOL!

5. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yeah, I certainly hope those are used only on or about Oct 31st!

I imagine there are a few crazed SOA watch parties where everyone gets in character though. :rolleyes:

6. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    #56 1%er, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    Im sure that goes without saying. Oh well. I would say only in America but you know the Japanese. They are into some really weird **** too.

7. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    #57 Falcon Wing, Dec 12, 2011
    I don't imagine all Japanese bikers are like this.....at least I hope not!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcaQ3qJ88U[/ame]

8. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    I believe Murder, stabbing or beating someone is generally badged by the patch or tattoo "TCOB" or "TCB" (taking/took care of business).

Individuals displaying those patches should probably be avoided more than the 1%.

9. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    The patch you are refering to does not mean that at all. That's one of those things I can't and won't go into. But it's not about anything violent per se. It's one of those mason like things. Just because it's not talked about doesn't mean it's bad.

scudracer likes this.
  10. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    #60 1%er, Dec 13, 2011
    OMFG that is the funniest thing Iv'e seen in a long time! Falcon you made my day!

1%er

11. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    #61 1%er, Dec 13, 2011
    OMFG that is the funniest thing Iv'e seen in a long time! Falcon you made my day!

1%er

12. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    There is no governing body that decides what a 1% patch signifies.

The old idea was that 99% of motorcycle guys were good, it was the 1% that were a problem. So the patch is meant to say "I am part of that 1%".

In many cases, those who need to advertise that they think they are a bad ass are the ones you need to worry about the least - for example, how many people who are crazy and very tough tell you they are crazy and very tough? Exactly.

Having said that, each club has their own rules. The Hells Angels around here do charity drives and do a lot of work for Make A Wish and other groups. But that's the local club... doesn't mean the Hells Angels in Detroit are the same. Also, you could see 10 guys wearing "XXX MC Club" jackets with 1%'er patches... what does that mean? It just means those guys put those patches on. Maybe they are a Christian Rider Club and to them, 1% means those who are the most religious?

There are groups that are linked to crime and who take the 1% more literally - that's why you see stories about (some) Hells Angels clubs fighting with Mongols in Vegas or Laughlin NV... but that doesn't translate nationwide.

At the end of the day, these clubs are about sharing a common interest. When you get a bunch of guys together who wear the same costumes and work hard on their bad-ass persona, you sometimes get people blustering about who they really are and what they really do (or will really do). I interact with these people daily, and for the vast vast vast majority of cases, they are just regular people who perhaps (for my taste) get a bit too into the persona, but hey, whatever lights their fire is fine with me. They are overwhelmingly nice people.

As a whole, the "1%" is probably more like 1% of the 1%, if that. And like being a ghetto-thug who shot someone over a bottle of malt liquor, there is no glory or toughness in that - they're just regular ol' criminals.

13. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    Richard,
    For the most part very well said. The only thing I disagree with is other clubs use of the 1% patch. Otherwise great points! I noticed your avatar has an SVT - 41 do you own one? I have a 38 in my collection as well as a PPsH 41. Am looking for a PPs 43 but not having very much luck!

14. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I was maybe a bit lax with the patch thing... what I mean is, and obviously you know this, there isn't like a national organization that decides what 1%'er means the way that only the National Association of Realtors can issue the title "realtor". It's up to each person club to decide what they put on their gear... although of the Gay Riders of America decide their 1%'er patches mean they give it hardest, then they are probably gonna have a problem when they show up at Sturgis in pink 1%'er garb ;)

On the guns - nah, don't own one... I live in Massachusetts, where our fine governor feels we need protected from ourselves, and we shouldn't be allowed to own guns. So it's a fight to get anything here, especially the stuff you really want to get!

What do you ride, by the way?

15. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    Im thinking that might go over so well LOL! I posted pics of my bikes on the photos of bike thread. 75 shovel hard tail jockey shift, 80 shovel hard tail, 06 road king.

16. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Before I forget, which happens more and more now-a-days, all of you need to understand that hard-core bikers live in a different world than you and I. It always pains me to see some Rubbie who just spent $40k on a Harley and other bad-ass regalia hanging out with the truly hard core. Most times, everything ends up being cool. But, it can turn bad, very, very bad. It doesn’t matter if you have the Mayor on speed dial. It doesn’t matter if you have a mid-seven figure net worth. If you mess with the wrong person at the wrong time, things can end very badly.

Everyone needs to understand that when bikers are flying colors, they are making a statement. They are making a point. It doesn’t matter what the point is. It just is.

This is why I always exit stage left. Not my thing. Not my bag.

Dale

17. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    That said. If I was looking for someone to watch my back, guess where I'd look?

Dale

18. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Behind you?

19. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Ba dum bum. Try the veal.

20. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Pretty funny. Actually, I try as best I can to I keep to keep looking up. Living life in the rear-view mirror has consequences.

Maybe that is why I prefer to go solo. It make things a lot simpler.

Dale

21. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    You want Ed Sullivan to watch your back? Just kidding! I'm a wolf pack of one. Then I met you guys and I knew I was going to add to my wolf pack.... Sorry couldn't resist. Lol! Just poking fun partner!

1%er

22. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    $40,000 motorcycle
    $250 eagle tattoo
    $300 leather jacket

Supporting your local ***

The point being you can't buy your way in. What happens is a Rub gets a little too comfortable or a little too drunk and starts running off at the mouth. That's why it makes me nervous when they are around as well. At least when they are drinking. Otherwise it doesn't bother me. Dale is absolutely right. It doesn't matter if you're a lawyer, doctor or whatever if you say the wrong thing you stand a good chance of getting drilled depending on who you say it to. In my club the guy that brought you around would also get his eye dotted.

Remember what I said about accountability. If you can't control your guest or old lady we will. That's how old lady's get 86ed from the club (they would never be hit). Think about it. How many times have you seen wives and girlfriends cause drama at work in clubs etc? It's incessant. We just don't put up with it period. If your old lady is a pain in the ass she's gone. No muss no fuss she's no longer allowed around. Problem solved.

If you act like a you would if you were a guest in someone's home you will be treated like gold. If you act like an entitled horses ass then guess what? You're going to go home with a black eye. Not everyone is equal in that world. Respect is earned and it takes time. If I showed up at a Ferrari get together and started pontificating on yellow being the only cool color guys would get pissed. I haven't earned the right to have an opinion about ferrari's. It's the same thing.

Guys spend years earning the right to have an opinion in the club. Just buying a motorcycle and a tattoo along with every Harley Davidson piece of clothing you can find doesn't make me respect you. In fact the opposite is true. I have a lot more respect for the guy on the euro street bike then I do for some ******bag strutting around in his HD Halloween costume. Sturgis is full of it. The funniest part is watching these guys with a 40k bike they have no idea how to ride. Hey man why don't you go buy a helmet with fur and horns you will fit right in...........

23. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    Be yourself. As our former national president said "If you like fat chicks don't date skinny ones because you want people to think you're cool". If you like euro bikes or Hondas that's fine! Be that guy and be proud! Don't try to be something you're not. Don't try to convince me you're a hard core biker when it's a weekend over 70 degrees or summer week end thing only. You don't have to be a 1%er for me to respect you. All you have to be is genuine. Just be who you are.

1%er

24. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Great post...just wish you'd posted it before I bought that 10 pack of back tats!

:D

Wurd! You've inspired me to put my thick old lady on the back of my sea foam green Vespa and show the world our matching SOA back tats!

Just call me 1.1%er

:D

25. 1%er

1%er Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    #75 1%er, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017