1/18 Model wish list | FerrariChat

1/18 Model wish list

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by bigodino, Nov 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I've been wondering for a while why certain cars haven't been turned into 1/18 models.

Maybe we could post our wish lists in this thread and who knows, manufacturers may take notice?

One on my wish list for a long time is the Alfa Romeo P3 Grand Prix racer. In my opinion it beats the Bugattis and Bentleys of the day in the looks department!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It also depends on the quality of the model. I'm only interested in high quality. I have long been hoping for either a 1981 126C or 1982 126C2 (or both) in 1:18 with driver figure. Exoto have had a 126C2 on their forthcoming list for many years but if it ever appears who knows how much it would cost.

I would also like a Lamborghini Bravo, Lamborghini Athon and Alfa Carabo in 1:18 but I'm definitely not holding my breath for any of those.

bigodino likes this.
  3. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Hi Jonathan,

Good addition about quality.
    The Lamborghinis you mention are beautiful, especially the Bravo and deserve their models in 18th scale. Topmarques already has the Alfa Carabo available.

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I would love a decent ferrari 166mm , 24hlm winner!

5. RemcoB

RemcoB Rookie

Oct 21, 2008
    Netherlands
    I'd love a 1/18 Maserati Boomerang, Bizzarrini Manta or a 1965 Dino 206 P Berlinetta Speciale!

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I have a number of Exotos but their cost has gotten out of sight. I'd like a 126C2 as well but by the time it appears it may be unaffordable. (And with as much as they charge, they ought to be able to pay Ferrari's licensing fee.)

And I don't understand their policy of announcing future releases years ahead of time. Years ago they announced a Williams FW14B with Mansell driver figure that I want to buy for a friend, but I don't understand why it hasn't been issued: they already have the car and the figure (in a different driver suit) so all they have to do is put them together!

7. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I think Exoto are a bit of strange company altogether. But I also have several of their models bought a few years ago at sensible prices and they are among my favourites both in terms of detail but also in having a little bit more imagination than just an empty car. Villeneuve T4 with the umbrella for example or Mansell tearing off a visor. Just small things that make the model more interesting.

8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Thanks Peter. I wasn't aware of the Topmarques Carabo and I'm tempted, especially as I doubt anyone else will make it. But I do wish it had opening doors at least.

9. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    You are a good builder Peter, so build your own:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
  11. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Few that spring to mind, sure there's more.

AC 428
    Aston Martin Bulldog
    Aston Martin lagonda
    Aston Martin Taraf
    BMW e28 528i ETCC
    De Tomaso Longchamp
    De Tomaso P70
    Isdera Imperator
    Lamborghini Miura Spyder
    Maserati type 124 Coupe
    Mazda RX500
    Opel Monza series 1
    Porsche 965 turbo in mint green

12. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    rysc97 and RemcoB like this.
  13. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Well, there's more than I imagined. Keep them coming!

14. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
  15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Same here...been years now. They even gave up updating the website for a year now as it's stuck on Q4 2019 release after regularly pushing that date back. That's the only Fcar model remaining I want and it's impossible to find an accurate 1/18 F40 LM and I know they will do it right. It will go along great with the 1/18 288 GTO Evo I have from them and the 1/18 Fujimi F50 GT alongside it.

gt4me likes this.
  16. RemcoB

RemcoB Rookie

Oct 21, 2008
    Netherlands
    Nembo1777 likes this.
  17. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    It’s not vintage but...I’d like to see the P80/C in 1/18.

18. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Thanks to this thread I was able to get my wish. After I saw this I tried one more time to find a close clone for my wife's 92 Alfa Spider Veloce (she is trying to sell it at the moment). Not a perfect car but something I can work with was found on Ebay after many failed attempts. Should be here in a few weeks for me to start detailing it.

bigodino likes this.
  19. RemcoB

RemcoB Rookie

Oct 21, 2008
    Netherlands
    Lusso123 and gt4me like this.
  20. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    I wish for a high quality 330P4 Spyder Daytona winner [ the GMP version was dismal, at best] in 1:18,1:12 or even 1:8th scale, been on my wish list for years. Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    #21 Rosey, Nov 2, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
    I know we are responding to an old thread here but I agree that Exoto is a weird company that I once loved and bought many stunning, highly detailed models that today seems to be almost out of business.

To see models that have been announced like the 126C/2 nearly 10 years ago on their website and still not produced is a joke (and I thought CMC had long release times !!)

RIP Exoto, it was good while it lasted.

If I had to pick a highly detailed model to be reproduced in 1/18 scale that no one else has done I would pick mine... a 328 GTS.

22. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    "Anson" and "Kyosho" did!

23. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It is probably a good thing for my bank balance that the Exoto 126 C2 hasn't appeared because I would still love a high-quality model of one but Exoto prices are as much a joke as their production lead times now.

Rosey likes this.
  24. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I'm just a basic hobbyist, and models aren't my norm, but would it make sense to try to fix my Eagle's Race 1967 PA Francorchamps 330P4 (the Giallo one)?

The rear hatch broke....I'm not sure it is even fixable, but if it were?

25. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    And KK Scale now as well.