1/12 models (Tamiya/Kyosho/Autoart) | Page 38 | FerrariChat

1/12 models (Tamiya/Kyosho/Autoart)

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by mattymouse33, Apr 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  3. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    On the 312T4 the wings are painted silver, wish they had used a metalizer or chrome plating instead-otherwise they are well done.

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  5. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    I believe he's already bought this one and reviewed it

6. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    David you are correct!! I already have one - received in early February.

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, sorry, my confusion.....just saw it today and i liked it..

8. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Otto is doing another 1/12th rally car, the Peugeot 205 Evo. I like Otto's quality and have 2 of the 1/12th models. Better builds and more accurate then most. They do skimp slightly on small details but the paint is perfect.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Christian.Fr likes this.
  9. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Nice!

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Top Marques Ferrari 275 GTB4 in 1/12th. The wheels look to big , but I guess I am getting used to 1/12th Hiro wires. Love the not so directional spinner.

Those Aston Martin DB4's pictured above are nice.

Christian.Fr, Lusso123 and energy88 like this.
  11. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Yes the big Aston DB4 is a very good model, but just as with Top Marques, and other companies, it has some flaws. Overall it is really very, very good; only let down by a few mistakes, which fortunately are not large, and not too noticeable. It is a better, and more detailed model than the Top Marques Ferrari's......and it's in the same price range.

About this big 275 GTB/4.....Well, here we go again with a manufacturer not paying close enough attention. As you noted Tom.....sloppy attachment of the wheel spinners, and those wheels/tires are both so wrong in size, and I'm sure that something else is probably wrong.... interior details?? Exhaust pipes?? Hard to tell from angle of this photo if body proportions are all good or not.

I would really like to add a good large scale 275 GTB or GTB/4 to my collection, but I really don't want to have to build one, or buy a model with problems that needs work. I'm happy with my BBR 1:18 275 GTB/4 which overall is a much better and more detailed model. It costs more than the Top Marques 1:12th, but it is a better model.

As a side note; the Top Marques 250 Testa Rossa models have numerous flaws, so much so that I won't buy one, not even if deeply discounted.

Will Top Marques or GT Spirit ever figure out how to made an accurate, good quality model in this lower price range? I say, don't hold your breath

Christian.Fr likes this.
  12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The CMR 1968 Ford GT40 Lemans winner is rather nice. It is not super detailed but the shape and paint are very good. I was surprised in fact at the accuracy if you don't mind no opening panels and the lack of a motor.

Christian.Fr likes this.
  13. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    It is indeed, except the rear fender shape is for the #9 car, and the engine cover retaining pin posts are too large- despite that I also have one for the collection.

14. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    That GT40 model does look nice......I've been on the fence about getting one, mainly due to the wrong rear body/fenders. CMR replicated the car as restored, rather than as raced. I have the GMP model of it as #6 - the '69 LM winner, which is nice, but has many mistakes/inaccuracies. Being a big GT40 fan....I'm probably going to buy one of these CMR's....

15. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Any news on when/if someone will be releasing a 2017+ New Ford GT in this scale?

16. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I do agree about some of the details. The rear flares are not perfect but pretty good. Maybe to pretty.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    The CMR is MUCH more accurate than the high priced overvalued GMP version; which has too narrow headlight openings and too flat nose contour; and based on their track record it will be rereleased 'as is'. I share Lusso123's dismay with all of these semi accurate resin releases and don't buy most of them, but
    in this case the CMR I made an exception.

Lusso123 likes this.
  18. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Good input David. You've pushed me to go for the CMR model. I know how flawed the GMP model is; bought mine when it was new, and came up with a long list of all its inaccuracies. It was a disappointing purchase.

19. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Have not heard of any in 1:12th....yet, but True Scale Models(TSM) has announced they are making it in huge 1:8 scale.

20. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Only new Ford GT available in 1/12th is the racing version kit by Hiro. It is very nice but around $500.00 unbuilt.

21. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I would have mentioned the Hiro kit, but I was thinking only of built models. :)

22. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Hey Marshall, not sure where else to put this so...

Not sure if you are familiar with the Mullin Automotive Museum in Oxnard, CA but this article in the WSJ make me think of your work. Might be worth a trip out to CA. :)

-F

23. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Thank you, and yes....I am very familiar with the museum and all of Mullin's cars.

furmano likes this.
  24. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  25. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

They seem to do so much better with modeling these types of cars than with vintage Ferrari's.

Christian.Fr likes this.