$1,000 for 2015 FF BATTERY!!?!? | FerrariChat

$1,000 for 2015 FF BATTERY!!?!?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by PhantomCypher, Oct 24, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhantomCypher

PhantomCypher Formula Junior

May 25, 2014
    USA
    #1 PhantomCypher, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    I took my 2015 Ferrari FF in for its annual maintenance and guess what? The battery is failing the test under load and has to be replaced. Dealer said it's only good enough to start the car at this point. Probably my fault that I broke the tender and didn't put the car on one for a few weeks but come on....

Cost to replace the battery: $1,000

They want to replace it with: ODYSSEY Performance Series Battery

https://www.odysseybattery.com/Batteries/Model_49950
    Model: 49-950, Part no: 0754-202

Anyone have experience with the best battery for the FF/F12?

2. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I bet you can replace it yourself for a whole lot less

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
  4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    If you follow the link you provide the price is $270 - so either you buy it directly, or you look for a better battery since Odyssey are not the best as far as I understand; from $270 to $1000 you have some margin to find a better proposition than the Odyssey.

5. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    I did the AutoCraft Platinum AGM H8 battery, $199 retail after core return. Install was tricky but manageable in the end, did it in about 30 minutes.

Solid State likes this.
  6. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
  7. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    so Ferrari are charging $800 labour to diagnose and replace a battery!!! Even if you were being kind and said it was 1/2 hour to diagnose, that’s $800 an hour labour rate.

Pfhhh I’d be telling to get on their bike! That is properly taking the piss!

8. PhantomCypher

PhantomCypher Formula Junior

May 25, 2014
    USA
    I told them I don’t want their $600 + $300 labor red top battery and I’ll bring an Interstate AGM.

Here is their response:

“Sorry, we’d rather not install provided parts, or parts we’re unfamiliar with. I have had your car washed, and its ready for pick up.”

This is comical. I guess I’ll get the battery installed elsewhere!

9. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    By now every Ferrari dealer in North America should be very familiar with installing the Interstate or AutoCraft batteries. If they're not, then they're actively doing it with the knowledge that the batteries they're selling are going to fail.

otakki likes this.
  10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I remember the days when installing a battery was not something any dealer worth their salt would refuse to do for a customer. Esp a paying customer.

What a total ripoff. $1000 to change a battery. That last 4 years. So basically they want you to pay $250/year just for the battery. **** them.

otakki likes this.
  11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    id use an interstate and nothing else...

otakki likes this.
  12. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It's kind of a ***** to get the battery in and out. I actually bought an Interstate battery and they changed it and charged labor only.

13. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #14 Il Co-Pilota, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Lol. That's idiotic. For laughs, try asking them if they think the quality of a Braile battery like I suggest in the link below, is an issue, due to uncertainty of quality. If they say yes to that, they are clearly clueless. That's like a watchmaker saying he won't touch your PP because he does not know what it is.

https://braillebattery.com/products/b10049-1

If you want the best and most powerful AGM style battery you can get, the Braile is the one to get. A bit more than Interstate, Optima, XS etc. but also in a league of its own.

15. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    It's a battery, folks. Call AAA roadside assistance. I guarantee the cost with AAA will be a fraction of the quoted $1k.

A348W likes this.
  16. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    I couldn’t imagine AAA doing an install on anything more than a drop in, but I could be wrong.

17. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    FofNE replaces my Lusso battery. I believe $350 or so (forgot exactly). They used an Interstate and I didn’t even ask for one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    Despite being on Ferrari battery tenders, I had batteries die on a F430 Spider and 458. On each occasion, I called AAA roadside assistance, told them the type of car, and they came out with a correct battery, which they installed. AAA is awesome, at least in So. Cal.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  19. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    #19 otakki, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    You can get an Interstate for $175 after core return. Oh, make sure to maintain good posture so you don't hurt your back while wresting that thing in there.

Is there really one attached? I didn't remember seeing one.

That's a bargain price considering the hassle and time it took me to get that battery in there myself. It will also save me a few days of muscle ache.

Maybe only with AAA at large metros. I wouldn't expect the same with AAA near the boondocks where I'm located. I'm keeping my premier membership almost solely for the towing benefit...hopefully I'll never need to use it. Is the battery position in 430/458 positioned more like a drop in? What battery brand does AAA use?

20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Mine for sure has one (F12) as the drawing indicates. There is an opening in the bottom cover immediately below the battery tray for the pipe to exit. The drawing for the FF does not show one.

otakki likes this.
  21. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Got me worried there...thought I forgot to connect it when installing the Interstate in the FF.

22. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    What an arrogant dealer.