08310 for sale on Bring a Trailer | Page 2 | FerrariChat

08310 for sale on Bring a Trailer

Discussion in '206/246' started by Neelfryer, Sep 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    geoff

i'm a fool - i started this thread and never put 2 and 2 together to figure out it was you

gorgeous car - congrats

if you are in socal

we could do a cars and coffee with 2 cars lol

Teehan likes this.
  2. Ken Ivey

Ken Ivey Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2013
    Portland, OR, USA
    Full Name:
    Ken Ivey
    Congratulations! Beautiful car. The hard part is getting in when your grin is wider than the car.

Teehan likes this.
  3. Teehan

Teehan Rookie

Sep 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Geoff Teehan
    Thanks all.
    I have no idea if it was well bought, or if I paid too much. I certainly spent more than I thought I would. At the end of the day I figured I wouldn't miss the extra money I spent, but I would certainly regret not buying it. This car is a driver to me, so I'm going to enjoy it exactly how it is.

I'm glad I found this forum and this thread—it was all really helpful, so thanks everyone!

cls, Jamie H, GermanDino and 2 others like this.
  4. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    the only time money will matter again is when you sell it. Hopefully that will be years from now. So have a ball........great car.

Neelfryer and Teehan like this.
  5. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    drive it in good health ! you will never regret the purchase ! last of the classic ferraris .

Texas Forever and Neelfryer like this.
  6. Teehan

Teehan Rookie

Sep 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Geoff Teehan
    The biggest question now is do I drive it 1900 miles home, or ship it back. It's a lot of miles, but it would be a heck of a way to get to know the car.

7. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    no question here - ship it ! not like driving a new porsche across country .

8. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    this car is in amazing mechanical shape. You could easily do that and if you documented the adventure, it would be one of the highlights of the Dino Forum here in many years. I think it would also be fun to show the adventure on bring a trailer
    Shawn

TonyL and Texas Forever like this.
  9. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You’re probably going to feel like you’ve been put through the wringer after a 1900 mile drive in a Dino. I’d ship it.

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Drive it
    Dinos are enamoring and I always suggest a first trip upon ownership for bonding reasons.
    Life is about experiences, you paid for an "E" ticket, enjoy it.
    If you are in need when you drive through HWY 10 in the Phoenix area, let me know, I can help or give advice

Perhaps buy a roll of GP Thunder PPF and wrap it because it is low adhesion like TracWrap but gives you 8 mil protection from rock chips. The clarity is amazing, it is easy to put on and protects everything. I'm even going to put at least one layer on the front windshield of the Dino to drive.
    Again, film adhesion is adequate but has none of the hard locking characteristics of XPEL or SUNTEK.
    Treat it like a "Tear Off" , but there are no adhesion residue problems, a very clean removal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GP-THUNDER-PPF-Paint-Protection-Film-Bulk-Clear-Bra-60-5x50-FOOT-ROLL-New/174032781089

TonyL and Texas Forever like this.
  11. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    well done and welcome.....
    the price gap for flared Dinos compared to standard Dinos will go up further from my point of view... you made the right decision...
    driving the Dino will be so much fun for you.... enjoy!

synchro and Teehan like this.
  12. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    + 246

Although I've never driven Dino long distance, in past 35+ years, I have racked up few hundred thousand miles with variety of vintage cars from 1920s-1970s including several across US drives with many 1950s cars ranging from a car I paid $250 few days prior to departure (drove it in two and half days from SoCal to MD) to fully restored ones valued at few hundred grand and I'd say, prove yourself you're a real car guy and drive it.
    Yes, things can go wrong, even with modern cars, but if you're wearing grown up pants...

Does the "seller" believe this car could make it ? Or if there's any minor updates (fresh tires, etc ?) to make it reliable enough, just have that done prior.

BTW, congratulations on your car and if you're a real car guy, concerns over whether you paid too much (or not enough) or the cars eventual resale value shouldn't even enter your mind. You got a what appears like a neat car, that's all that matters. Now go out and enjoy it as much and as often you can !

Teehan likes this.
  13. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Actually, more miles you’re able accumulate and enjoy it, better return you get for every dollar you paid for it and should you some day in the (hopefully distant ?) future have to sell it, even if for less than you paid, less it will matter to you.

Teehan likes this.
  14. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Congratulations !! Drive it and enjoy it

15. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    Congratulations! As mentioned on BaT, have the identical car to yours. I'm usually at most major auctions and follow the Dino market closely, having 3 of them. I think the price you paid was spot on for a car in the condition of the one you bought. In terms of values, 206's lead the way followed by C&F's, L series and then the rest. I'm a big fan of Giallo, maybe Matthias can chime in on how many of the 91 were yellow. Enjoy!!

Teehan likes this.
  16. Teehan

Teehan Rookie

Sep 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Geoff Teehan
    @kjw9028
    Thanks! And thank's for the info re: value of these cars.

I think I recall seeing a number like 7 or 9, but can't find the reference any more. Would love to know the real answer