'05 QP | FerrariChat

'05 QP

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by redfred84, May 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    Never thought that I'd be posting some questions like this, as I never paid attention to "modern" cars. But an opportunity has arisen for '05 QP with 40K miles. It appears super clean, is local, and offered at $12K. My gal is in love with it, and it come from a trusted friend.
    So I'm wondering if this is a good year or not, and what to look out for. Is this the year/model with the bad timing variators, tire pressure sensors, clutch & transmission etc...? Sorry for the rookie questions, but anything newer than my 3500 GT gets confusing to me; especially if it only has 2 pedals.

2. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    #2 AMLC, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
    If it's a ´05 QP it must be a Duoselect.

Did you already search for `Duoselect` on this forum? I think you will find a lot of information.

3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yes, the transmission is the bigest problem with clutch replacements generally every 25K miles or so.
    Variators on all of the QP5 engines can be a problem, but were updated in later years ('09 I think)
    Good luck, I have a 2011. They're beautiful cars.

4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    3 biggest issues, clutch, clutch and clutch.