02132 books | FerrariChat

02132 books

Discussion in '206/246' started by Neelfryer, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    NoGoSlow and BigTex like this.
  2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, I think they are honestly mislaid in many cases when estates are settled....

But a look at the values there explains why they are also "broken up" for an extra $8,000.00USD.. :D :D

pilotoCS and Neelfryer like this.
  3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    While I "feel" same, I recently spent several months trying to locate and unite original literature with a quite valuable, 60+ year old car and it's current owner, but with no luck, I offered them publicly and within hours sold them to someone for about twice the money I thought they might be worth. But at least I tried.

OTOH, I've heard of occasions in which some owners had rejected some "old stuff" (like books and tools) that originally came with their cars, even if items had been offered to them for free along with explanation of potential historical significance or value.

Neelfryer and BigTex like this.
  4. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree with the above thoughts - money always complicates things

I have my jack and folio and tools in a closet because I am always afraid that if I drive my car and walk away from it - someone will steal them

They could have a value of 30k

That Sotheby's auction has a lot of books and accessories for some very valuable cars which would lead you to believe that it was not careless owners through the years but theft that separated the books et al from the cars ...

NoGoSlow likes this.