Sold - '01 360 Spider red/tan | FerrariChat

Sold '01 360 Spider red/tan

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Skidkid, Jun 18, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I bought this car from a fellow Fchatter and have had it for over 12 years. It has been great but it is time to change cars. I am pricing this to move it.
    • Red/Tan
    • Shields
    • Tubi
    • Yellow tack with Cavalino
    • Gyrodisc floating rotors & braided brake lines
    • Manual seats (much lighter)
    • 3 keys, 3 fobs, and PIN code
    • It is a euro but 50 State car with CA BAR sticker
    • approx. 38K miles
    • $60K with Starfish and new tires
    • $65K with CS wheels, titanium lugs, MPS S4 about 1 year old
    • I have extensive records on this car.
    • Major done one year ago: ball joints, belts, fluids, plugs, cam seals, battery and a few other things.
    • Rollover valves replaced in 2015 and all other evap system seals & misc parts replaced last month.
    • Elastics in the roof replaced a year ago
    • Heat exchanger replace last month
    • Clutch done at approx. 22K miles
    • Stickies repaired
    • and a lot more
    I spent about $10K last year and another $7K last month sorting out some of the stuff that had accumulated. I would say that the car is a great driver and in good condition but it isn't perfect. Outstanding things would include:
    • Piping on drivers bolster is shot and needs redone
    • When it sits in the sun the dash leather has some bubbling (can't see it when not in the sun)
    • It could use some paint correction: There is a small ding on the passenger door, the remains of a poorly filled rock chip on the hood, and a scratch on the top edge of the rear deck. I have included pics for all of these.
    • The front bumper was resprayed but didn't get a clear bra so there may need to be a little touchup
    • There are two small marks on the soft top and the rear window could stand to be buffed out.
    • There is a hole in the carpet under the drivers mat. I have no idea how it got there and has been there the whole time I had the car. BUT you can't see it with the mat in the car so I didn't worry about it.
    Thanks for looking and don't hesitate to ping me with questions.

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I also forgot to say that I have:
    • Front & Rear challenge grills. The fronts have the proper bezel
    • Aluminum dead pedal
    • Fire Extinguisher (it is older so probably needs refilled or at least checked)
    • Those are Tubi exhaust tips. They are not bolted onto the exhaust but they are actually that large on the exit. NOTE: I have the stock tips as well
    Since I didn't start out planning on changing I just smogged the car and registered it so you can be confident that all is working correctly.

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I probably also forgot to note that I have installed the newest TCU. I am sure I am missing some things I have updated and changed but you get the idea, it was well cared for.

4. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Looks good, thorough and honest description!

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Thanks. I figure it is better to be transparent. That may make a few newbies nervous but most will see it for what it is and know that they are getting a good car at a fair price.

6. RareAir23

RareAir23 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Nice car. I feel like this would be a perfect candidate for one of those Braden threads.

7. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I also replaced the MAFs last month because it was running a little rough.

Thanks Ryan. I am confident that it will find a new home pretty quickly. I have someone interested but we will know if they are real or not next week; if he isn't, it goes on eBay and the usual suspects. It would probably sell well on BAT so that is an option. In the mean time, it is on here and anyone looking can reach out.

8. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    GLWS ! What a value, miles should actually encourage a wise buyer. Well taken care of and as we have learned not using any machinery makes them rot ! With summer here, in So Cal, can't see this lasting. What's next ?

9. Daniel Ronco

Daniel Ronco Rookie

May 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Daniel Ronco
    Very interested. Can you dm me? Looking for service records and wondering if you know process of shipping I Canada.

10. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
  11. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have driven this car. This is the quickest shifting 360 I have ever driven (and I have hundreds of miles driving 360s). John is a fanatic when it comes to his car and never allows any issue to go unaddressed. A gorgeous example of a 360 spider.

Skidkid likes this.
  12. Roger348

Roger348 Karting

Feb 10, 2013
    Reno, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Roger Cody
    Hello John,
    Please email me your contact information, I’d like to talk with you about your car.

Cheers!
    Roger Cody
    Reno, Nv.
    [email protected]

13. Roger348

Roger348 Karting

Feb 10, 2013
    Reno, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Roger Cody
    Hello John,
    Please email me your contact information, I’d like to talk with you about your car.

Cheers!
    Roger Cody
    Reno, Nv.
    [email protected]

14. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Gorgeous car! GLWS!

15. Nikil

Nikil Rookie

Mar 5, 2016
    beautiful vehicle. any pics of the seats and in particular the piping that needs addressing. thx

16. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I didn't take any but I will shoot some this afternoon and post. They are stored, not in the car right now, but I have easy access.

17. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Here you go. One in the garage this morning and a couple of the driver's seat. The driver's seat is by far the worst, as would be expected. I tried to shoot photos of the worst parts. As you can see, the piping needs replaced and the seats could use a re-dye at the same time. They have been in storage and I haven't had these in my car for several years; I will install them before I deliver the car. I have a leather guy who can do the repair and add Daytona straps if you would like to have that done before delivery. I will check how much he would want so you would know the costs going into the deal.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    For those who are wondering: I checked with my leather guy and got an approximate price to refurb the seats and add Daytona straps. He hasn't seen the seats in person so it is an estimate at $1500.

19. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Very easy to import. More than 15 years old. Bring the title 72 hrs before you cross the border to the US customs for their check to clear for export. Then go to Canadian border with title and bill of sale to pay taxes. They give you import document, go for mechanical inspection and then plate it.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  20. zone1

zone1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2018
    SF Bay
    Have you had the clutch percentage read out? If it was replaced 16k miles ago, is it safe to assume it will need to be done again soon?

Thanks

21. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I have not had it read out. When the TCU was upgraded the shop didn't properly transfer those parameters so I can't get an accurate reading. As for 16K means you need a clutch replaced: that is completely incorrect. I would anticipate something like 50K out of a clutch. A lot of people refuse to get their clutch set up properly and don't appear to understand that this is a manual with a dry clutch so you have to drive it that way. Off the line, I typically get full clutch engagement in one car length, wear similar to a manual. There is a recent thread discussing clutch wear and MANY people have the same experience that I have.

22. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Bump this back up the stack.

23. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    We have a little paperwork to wrap up but the car is sold.

tfazio likes this.