0 to 60 in 2.67 seconds on two consecutive runs | Page 4 | FerrariChat

0 to 60 in 2.67 seconds on two consecutive runs

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Apr 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Jeff,

Have you kept up with the brakes recall issue or lack there of while GM trys to figure out what to do? Sound slike some weird contamination in the brake system. Do you have a short term plan? Anyone talking about flushing fluids if there is contamination in there?

2. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #77 darkkaangel, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Hi Carl,
    The issue is this:
    Material used in a sensor connection in the electronic brake boost system in these vehicles may have been contaminated during the material supplier's production process.
    Contamination of this material may cause an interruption of communication between the sensor and the brake boost system under certain conditions.

The issue affects certain 2020 model year Cadillac CT4, CT5 and XT4 vehicles, 2020 model year Chevrolet Corvette vehicles, 2020 – 2021 model year Buick Encore GX vehicles, and Trailblazer vehicles and from what I have been told not all Corvettes are necessarily affected.
    I logged in to my online owner center today and no recall has been issued to my vin so I may not be involved.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

thecarreaper likes this.
  3. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    So far pretty good as I am not in need of replacements yet but I am a brake only when really required driver you might say.
    Drives me crazy when I see people on track or heck even on the road braking in corners when they dont need to.

boxerman, docapl and fatbillybob like this.
  4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Jeff,

I bet the earlier c8s were built with pride. The covid c8s are suspect. I have too little space and still too much racing infrastructure so I'm now looking at C8s well into the model.

thecarreaper likes this.
  5. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff