Bashing the NSX | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Bashing the NSX

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by KennyH, Jan 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I would be very interested to do a relevant comparison ... maybe have to look at renting one for the weekend :D

I do like the look of the (possibly) new one ... much more exciting.

Pete

2. NA1

NA1 Rookie

Jan 12, 2004
    It would be a sad day when Ferrari can teach Honda something, or anything, about marketing. For crying out loud, Ferrari is a dinky little company compared to Honda.

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am always interested in playing with what is new out there, and I am the first guy on the list (yes there is a list) at a local Acura dealer for the next generation NXS. Will I like it, who knows but it should be fun to drive and could be a nice daily driver. I guess I look back at when this car was designed, and what it was up against back then. In its time is was a hell of a car but it failed to keep up, same thing could happen to any car.

4. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I dont understand why the NSX isn't a supercar because it is "too easy to drive".

The ferrari 360 I drove was easy to drive as my NSX. Easier actually because there was no clutch.

5. dinodude

dinodude Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Glenn Stephens
    I seem to recall Honda winning a couple of F1 titles, which is more than many respected companies can say.

Actually I agree with the reviewer, the NSX is a great car - it has everything you need. The problem is that if someone is looking to buy a "supercar" they want something they don't need.

6. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    A different perspective: I have always wanted an NSX. I have a Ferrari. I doubt I'll ever have an NSX in its current form. The reason I want it is its honda reliable with awesome performance. The only reason I don't have one: the styling is only "almost" good enough. I don't know why, but I just don't like it enough. Its too plain. I don't have anything against Japanese cars. My wife drives a Honda, and I've had a long list of Datsun and Nissan z-cars.

7. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    How about some body kits for the "styling" issues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Why does ferrari chat not let you display images??

shoud just be [ img ]http://...etc. [ /img ]

whats the deal?

9. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    The IMG code is turned off

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Why MarkPDX, why? This makes no sense to me, as we are trying to display pictures from other sites ... thus not wasting Robs disk quota. What we have to do instead is alt-printscr and then save it as a new picture and then upload it onto Rob's server ... still same picture!

Strange ...
    Pete
    ps: And I just checked my profile settings and I have Imaging ticked which is supposed to included [​IMG]

11. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I had a NSX 5 speed, the car was or is a great car. If the NSX was a car built by Ferrari then the whole world would be saying "The Ferrari NSX the best damn sport car in the world", but it is just an Acura, well let me tell you that I'm planing in buying another one but it will be a 6 speed. For me this car is one of the best cars there are.