Why not to work late at the gas station | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why not to work late at the gas station

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Matt LaMotte, Jan 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    If you find some guy crashing a helicopter funny but want to cry a river over that video....no i cannot see the difference. If you felt bad for the pilot then I would maybe consider you one of those sensitive people that generally cared for people's well being but to laugh at a crash and then whine over that video is nothing but hypocritical to me. Again if you didn't like it you never had to watch it. I'm sure you can find all kinds of crash videos where only the "stupid" pilots crash and burn somewhere else. I'm done with this seriously. Thanks Red.

Slag,
    I do agree. The music was not neccessary at all.

2. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    Violence against women is something I abhore. I will not put up with it, whether in real life, or in this sort of situation.

The chopper vid is par for the course around here. If the pilot was strapped in and had any sort of helicopter training then he would have been fully able to escape from the cockpit and climb into the boat. Regardless, it was his own stupid fault.
    What you posted Matt is in another league entirely.

I will not let this die until you apologise, or you STFU.

3. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Well I don't see an apology laying around here anywhere and I'm not going to argue anymore with your pointless rants so take it as you like. It's over. I'd hate to get the eye of the tiger out on you so I'm done with this thread. You can take it as me STFU or whatever you want to call it but when you reply back to this thread with your wiseass remark I'm not gonna come back but simply continue to laugh at you as I'm sure everyone else is doing.

I do however apologize to everyone else on Fchat for this silly little flame war. I don't want to waste my/your time and Rob's bandwidth for something so silly. It's over as far as I'm concerned.

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    "Matt laMotte, you're also guilty of spreading such hideous filth."

"I sincerely hope never to see anything remotely similar on this site again."

You know what they say opinions are like... and everyone has one.

Are you overreacting? Well, your reacting, I'll say that much. Look at how many people didn't respond who viewed the thread. Take a good look in the mirror at what your trying to prove and to whom.

If you were dumb enough to download something on the internet that you might not want to see, and if you didn't bother reading the thread BEFORE clicking on the link, don't complain to us on how it offended your sensibilities.

If you jump on board to start attacking another member, be prepared to go down with the ship.

Buh-bye!
    Sunny

5. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Castex

You laugh when someone flying a chopper makes a potentially fatal error in judgement because of possible lack of training? Thats not funny, its tragic and unnecessary. Grow up.

6. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    Right you are, then.

7. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Thanks John and Sunny. It's a dead thread. Period.

8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Nice avatar Matt:)

Sweet, I finally reached 1000 posts! Deh, deh deh deh.....deh deh deh... deh deh deeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh.

9. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I'm almost there myself! Yeah that pic was over in New Orleans as I'm sure you remember.

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Geez, talk about unprovoked attacks... Ease up. Helicopter crash without music vs. In-store video with or without music was as bad an analogy as possible. It makes it better if you can't see the gore? If anything, I cannot understand posting the bloody scene or aftermath of an accident. Equipment fails. Blood attracts sharks. Moving from crash to boat is not easy. Neither is high comedy. Both would be seen on shows such as RealTV. The author of this thread did not state: "Be sure to turn on your speakers" He did state, "All I can say is ouch."

No one here stated:
    lol - LOL - ha - HaHa - LMAO

No one.

A lot of folks, myself included, don't turn speakers on unless there's a reason. Having read the annos, I suppose "Eye of the Tiger" was chosen for it's Rocky "theme."

I analyzed the punch thrown which was typical of one I can throw, though the wrist was at a bit too high an angle. You want the back of your hand as flat as your forearm. Lucky for the clerk, it wasn't, or it would have delivered much more force. How many thieves received the blessing of my fist or countless other clerks worth their mettle, former or present, I do not know.

I do know that if the thief had been on the receiving end of this video, with or without music - negative reaction to the posting of this video would be substantially decreased. In closing, on my first anno, as well as the preceding paragraph, I also demonstrated that the grocery business is not all peaches and cream. It is but one example of the hazards associated with a tough racket. In this business, the odds are much, much higher that the person behind the counter can have things "go South" on them - without provocation.

11. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    He pm'd me and apologized. It's over. Thanks guys

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I took the video as a learning experience - thanks for posting.

That was nice of castex to pm you. :)

13. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    LOL Maybe I saved someone from that deadly gas station job:)

14. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    I dont like the idea that someone added in the music either, but, its not like Matt is SUPPORTING this video. He posted it, big deal.

Actually I'll thank Matt for reminding us all that this type of low-life scum exists, and to be aware of it.

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i may not agree with how this thread turned out, but i can certainly agree with that statement right there...

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Shiit... Rob, how come we can't attach MP3 files...?