Carrera GT rules !!!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Carrera GT rules !!!!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jrs, May 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004

2. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004

I think the Enzo is great. I have a model of that as well. My wife bought it for me for Christmas. It sits next to a Testarossa, 512TR and a 512M. The next shelf but one, has Porsche's. However, I will not insist that you eat your words, but have you seen the Cavallino and Forza report concerning the speeds which the Enzo achieved in reverse gear? Phenomenal! I am concerned that Zymol 348 hasn't joined in this debate. I have a horrid suspicion that he has a Porsche.

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    dont you answer your pm

4. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    I agree wholeheartedly. Proper Ferrari's have twelve cylinders. All proper Supercars have twelve cylinders. Where is the Porsche with twelve cylinders?
    Also, Enzo Ferrari did not design something which translates into English as 'The People's Car' (Volkswagen). Porsche's therefore are merely dollied up versions of 'The Peoples Car.' The whole design concept is flawed,which is why my P100 flies past them as soon as there is the merest hint of rainfall.
    Ferrari's however, were designed from the outset as racing cars. Indeed, most Ferrari road cars (older models) are thinly disguised racing cars. Porsches however, are thinly disguised Volkswagen's.

5. Furby

Furby Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Rome, Italy
    Steve don't get me wrong, when I was saying "porsche being on steroids" I was implying that 512 Tea Are said it, not you ;)

Maybe I should have been more clear :)

6. Furby

Furby Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Rome, Italy
    Tell me what a Carrera GT shares with a Volkswagen.

Edit: And tell me, the CGT, with only two cylinders less, cannot be considered a super car? Why can't we base what a supercar is by factors such as what kind of emotions it offers, sound, styling, and performance? If the 10 cylinders works, why does Porsche need to change it?

The CGT is unique in emotion, sound, styling, and performance. Why cannot you agree on this?

7. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Best thread I have read on here for ages. About time there was an amusing troll.

Porker is a fantastic car but I would still take the Enzo despite the fact that I am a traditionalist and prefer cars which you have to drive yourself rather than rely on a huge raft of electronics to do the job for you.

Whilst the GT is by far more of a 'drivers car' than the Enzo it still leaves me a little cold like all Porsches. The Enzo would get more of the hairs on the back of my neck standing up when I opened the garage door.

8. Maverix

Maverix Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    David Crompton

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve

10. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    what about Noble... kit car or serious contender? I'd rather have a Noble than a TVR (as a second car) just based on looks and performance figures. Apparently they smell of glue so I've been told.

Ade

11. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    It is twenty minutes to nine o'clock on Tuesday morning - I do hope my comments, which precipitated the consumption of no doubt copious amounts of wine, has not been the cause of a hangover! Nonetheless, I still think Porsche's are Rubbish!

12. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Give it up, m8....it's getting boring ;-)

13. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    What is a PM, please?

14. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The GT looks and sounds great. It will however be bought by mortals and having seen the Top Gear piece I have to be concerned that this car will kill many of the people who buy it and use it on the road - it looks to be far too much of a handful and for the money and for the use of that monay the SLR has to be a better choice.

I hope my concerns are not realised for it would be a great pity if the staggering engineering that has obviously gone into teh GT ends up getting a reputation as a widow maker

15. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    It's a private message - available from the top right of the FChat screen

16. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004

17. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Many thanks _ I shall do my best endeavours to find the spot (As the bishop said to the actress!)

18. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    My apologies to you both. It was indeed I who stated that the Porsche was 'A Volkswagen on Steroids' . . . . . I only tell the truth!

19. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Tony

Maybe this is the Troll that used to patrol the US boards and cause high levels of irritation.!!!!

J

20. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Robin

Valid concern but I doubt that the mortals you are refering to will be trying to take the car to limits that Stig is capable of.

J

21. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I know somebody who is getting one and I'm sure people will be tryinmg. JC also commented many times that the car bites. Just a concern - the first Porsche Turbos (well not just the first ones) were tail happy and many of them were crashed

22. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    It is possible that you may just be in the minority!

23. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    No, No! Definitely not me. I never irritate - merely amuse. Apart from this, why aren't you both at work today?

24. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    My p100 turbo diesel broke its cam belt so i had the day off,

D.

25. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Upon good authority, I am informed that Enzo's make more than the hairs on the back of one's kneck stand up! Porsches however, are for the 'limp wrist's' of this world who drive them with 'Gay' abandon!