250 Cal Spyder Ebay Barn Find | FerrariChat

250 Cal Spyder Ebay Barn Find

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by sparta49, May 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    A few years ago there were several cars on ebay that were found in a barn and sold one was a Cal Spyder one was a Lusso if memory serves me and I forgot what the other ones were. Anyone know what happend to these cars it was maybe mid to late 2001 I believe when the auctions were up

2. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I think I remember that also. It was in Alabama or other Southen state.
    Checkout search on tomyang .net. That might bring it up.

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Howell, NJ. More details can be found here and here. The cars were 250 Calfornia s/n 0927GT, 250 GT/L s/n 5045GT, and 275 GTB s/n 07009. As far as I know, only the Lusso was sold.

4. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    It was In New Jersey

LWB CAlf Spyder did not sell Basil Shadlin's Chicke coupe collection

My 375 America Came from there

tom shaughnessy
    San Clemente CA

5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Tom, I'm curious, have you seen this thread?

6. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    I had seen Basil Shadlun's ads in Hemmings for years seeking to purchase wrecked exotics and occasionaly offering them for sale in Howell, NJ. Years later I moved to New Jersey, not too far from Howell and one day just poped in for a visit unannounced. I found a fairly old and unassuming looking farm with some older folks that turned out to be Basils parents I think. They said Basil was in the Barn. I walked over and introduced myself and explained that I was an enthusiast and had seen his ads for years and was just passing by and figured I would pop in to see what was up. At first he seemed a little reluctant but once we started talking cars he was shortly showing me around inside his barn. It was AMAZING! Crammed full of interesting exotics wrecked or damaged to varying degrees with some actually looking in pretty good condition. The crown Jewel was the California Spyder. It was damaged on the front right fender I believe. He said he bought it in the 60's for $1,500. in the dust on the windshield was written the dates he manually turned over the crank to prevent it from seizing. He had a very good eye for cars and a very good sense for what they were worth. He didn't seem to be that interested in selling much at the time and was concerned with tax liability. It was a truely fascinating experience

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Wayne, is that thread still active, with his two kids posting?