I hope you guys can help me find this car... | FerrariChat

I hope you guys can help me find this car...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by JamieO, May 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I've been looking for a 2000 or 2001 NSX preferably with less than 10k on it but definitely with less than 20k and I can't believe how hard it's been to find one! If anyone knows of one or has any idea where I should be looking I would really appreciate it. I'm looking for a yellow one but would also take a silverstone or red w/ black interior.

I missed one locally by a few hours... I saw it on the front line at the local Mercedes dealership while they were closed. I called the next day and spoke with someone that told me it was a 2002 which was impossible since it still had the pop up headlights so the next day I took a ride over when I got out of work and the car wasn't there. The moron that I spoke with told me that the car was "gone". That's it, no other explanation, just gone. I didn't buy what he was saying so the next afternoon I called them up again and spoke to a much more intelligent person who told me that the car was available last night (while I was there) and the sales manager had taken it home but unfortuneately it sold a couple hours ago, which was about 20 hours after I was originally there looking for it!! Oh well, I hope that just means that I'm going to end up finding a better one now.

Thanks!

2. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Goto nsxprime.com and lurk for awhile. Lots come up there frequently. Currnetly someone has a lease transfer for $799/month and he will pay all costs. No risk there. Fun cars. I have a '92. I call it my Honda because I never worry about it and don't have to tinker with it.

3. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    thanks, I've been lurking over at NSXprime for a little while and there seems to be mostly older (91-93) cars coming up for sale. I saw that black '02 lease offer but I don't want to lease.

You said the exact reason that I want an NSX though... the reliability. It's as exotic as most anything else out there, costs less, and you can drive the pants off of it.

I'll continue to keep checking out NSXprime and if you happen to see anything pop up please send me an email!

thanks again.

4. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Check cars.com and autotrader. You should be able to find one without too much trouble, but it might not be anywhere near you. The guys on prime will be more than willing to check out a car for you and give you an honest opinion.

Good luck!