Ferrari 330 GTC project on Ebay | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 330 GTC project on Ebay

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by ArtS, Apr 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

WOW. That's an incredible bunch of info that I suspect no one else has. Everbody who does not subscribe to the FML needs to , to show support for Mr. Roush. There, I said it.

www.ferrarimarketletter.com

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    No offense Michael, but I liked your other sig better....

Now, this will not hurt a bit!

3. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    my ebay handle is miuraman

tom shaughnessy
    ferrari parts and sales
    san clemente ca

not going to part this one, but I am willing to buy it south of $60k I do have a home for it. Sold 3 apart non advertised 330/365gtc's in the past 2 years

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Welcome aboard Tom. We would all love to hear more from the King of the Toasted Ponies.

Dr "I promise that I will buy a car from you one day" Tax

5. Andy

Andy Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Looks like a typo - someone accidentally hit the 5 key when they meant 2.

Andy

6. argtv7

argtv7 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad
    #31 argtv7, May 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This car suffered from a terrible write-up. The guy said he didn't know anything about cars, and he was right! Plus, the guy that wrote the listing hadn't seen the car in 6 months. The rust on this car is minimal, and the part that you can see in the one picture is just surface rust on the lower rail. Rust is not a major issue with this car at all. The paint, however, is a disaster. It is worse than Maaco. All of the rubber has blue overspray on it. The car was stored since '91 in (you won't believe this!) a trailer park! The interior is quite good, except for the seats. It is 99.99 percent complete, with the only missing parts being the knob to reset the odometer and the knob on the sliding vent along the rear window. It has some small dents, but other then that, it's really straight. The car will be restored, and it will be red again.

How do I know this? I'm looking at it....in my garage!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Congrats on your purchase! I'm really jealous of your courage. (I mean that, I'm not trying to be cute!)

8. argtv7

argtv7 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I'll post pictures of it when it is done. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

9. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    In my humble opinion, I feel you should think twice before changing the color to red. I've always thought that 330/365 GTC's actually look better in blue or silver shades, including the one it is now.

10. Dave330gtc

Dave330gtc Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2002
    NW Indiana
    Full Name:
    David Smith
    Congratulations. It is nice to see another GTC back on the road.

11. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

No Man!!!! post piccies thru out the process!

We will all be waiting each week for the next installment of "As the 330 GTC Turns"

12. argtv7

argtv7 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Yes, I always liked them in silver. This car was red origianlly (and for that matter, it still is - it just has blue paint on top of it!). I dunno for sure what color it will end up. But you will see it here!

I have questions for you guys:

I notice that the knock-offs on the wire wheels have the prancing horse on them. Many I have seen do not. They just have plain ones. Is this because many wire wheels are after-market? Or did theycome both ways?

How common/uncommon is air conditioning in these cars?

Did anyone else on this forum go all the way up to b/f Egypt to look at this car besides me? If so, what were your impressions? I heard a couple of people looked at it......

Thanks!

13. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Like they say, pay for the restoration, get the car for free...

14. 67GTC

67GTC Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westchester, CA

Congratulations on the GTC! I bought my 67 GTC in December after looking for a long time. As for the Borranis, mine have the prancing horsies, but I've also seen the Rudge-Whitworth "hand" logo as well.

If I can answer any questions, let me know...

Chuck

15. Dave330gtc

Dave330gtc Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2002
    NW Indiana
    Full Name:
    David Smith
    My car has the straight eared knock offs and they have the prancing horse on them. I have a/c.

16. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Hi argtv7,

Glad to hear the car was much better than describedby the seller's representative! Have you been looking for a GTC for a long time? Are you planning on doing a full-blown, soup to nuts restoration or do you plan on making it a driver? Could we please see some more photos of your new acquisition? BTW, I hope to retire in your neck of the woods some day. Sonoma and Napa are absolutely breaktaking!

Cheers,
    Barchetta

17. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Sorry, I meant, breathtaking.

Cheers.

18. argtv7

argtv7 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Yes, the restoration will be thorough, and the car will probably be auctioned in Scottsdale next Jan. Let me reiterate that this car is NOT a rust bucket, and the worst thing about the car is the crappy paint job. I can't wait to see her when she's right.

19. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    First of all, congratulations on your new purchase!

I took the drive up from San Fran to look at it. I'd pretty much agree with you that almost all the pieces were there, and the body and frame were in decent shape - an excellent resto candidiate. I personally just couldn't get the math to work out in my favor in doing a rolling restoration - I have rather limited engine overhaul skills, which adds 25K to the cost for me. I was actually looking for a set of books and tools, which were unfortunately not with the car when I looked at it.

Interesting that you would choose Scottsdale as a sales venue - my sense is that Italian prices were softening at B-J this and last year, thanks to American muscle car and hot rod mania. I go every year, so I can't wait to see the car returned to it's former glory.

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thats a 2 +2 4 headlight........

21. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    That one appears to be in a trailer park as well. Weird.

Has anyone seen it in person? It doesn't look so bad in the photos. This is at least the second time it's been on Ebay right? Didn't meet reserve last time I guess. If it's true the engine was rebuild and can be used now (don't know how long it's sat...), I'm tempted to just buy it and do the brakes and other mechanical stuff that is likely bad because of inaction myself, tidy it up a bit and just drive it as is for a while before passing it along to someone to restore or doing one myself. I'm a 2+2 fan, though I realize they aren't popular and thus suffer at resale...

22. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

If you notice the van sitting next to it says "Estate Liquidators" on it; that's the outfit that has it on eBay. That might imply that Mr. E. Liquidator likely lives in the pictured abode, and likely the car was brought to his place. Just guessing.

23. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Four headlights go for 20 - 30K, if at all.....

24. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Liquidator claims that $13k was spent on engine. Pictures don't seem to show this.

Slim,

I went this route. I bought the car with the engine freshly rebuilt by a known builder. I've since rebuilt every other system on the car in order to keep it on the road.

Assuming it isn't bought for parts, the new owner may be lucky but chances are that car will provide plenty of opportunity for headaches.

That said, for the right price, I'd love to have it in my shed to mess with as time permits.

Regards,

Art S.