The Québec Thread! | FerrariChat

The Québec Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 512tr, Apr 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    Why hasn't anyone started a montreal spotter thread? I am sure we can spot a few cars, maybe not as many as Toronto.

2. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Because we were all waiting for you!!!LOL

I took mine out just yesterday for the first time this year. But if anyone wants to spot one....I'll be having breakfast at Moe's (on St. Martin blvd) tomorrow morning. Maybe we haven't seen that many, given the dismal state of our roads and the really long hard winter that we've had. BTW, if you want to spot some more F-Cars, next GP on Sunday morning at Cafe Vanessa (in St. Leonard, on Robert between Lacordaire and Langelier).

Fai il bravo!!!!

3. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony

Is that the old Cafe Gervasi??

4. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    and please take some pics~

5. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony

We'll try, keep in mind that we take out our cars from storage later than in T.O. and there alot less exotics to be spotted over here. Seems like most owners hide their cars. JMO.

6. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    You're soooooo right. The cars are there, but the owners are somewhat reluctant to take them out.

Cafe Gervasi? I don't know. I've been a regular at this place since 94 and I've always know it as Vanessa. Let me make a few calls and I'll find out.
    BTW, Cafe Vanessa has a really mean pre-Canadian Grand Prix party. Usually there are about 20 to 30 cars; and I've attended for the last 4 years.

7. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Friday afternoon , I saw a black Testarossa on Henri Bourassa West in St-Laurent not too far from Luigi Sports Cars ltd.(Ferrari club of Quebec)

8. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

I LOVE MONTREAL....good thing you guys started this thread. I wanna see pics!!! Too bad you guys are saying that the Montreallers take the cars out late. Thats iz not Good, no......TABERNACK!!!

How about this, start a thread on babes. That Montreal thread would be endlessssss *sigh* I really miss your town. Its been a while!

Hopefully I will visit again soon.

P.S

I spotted a 250GTO in Downtown Montreal years ago! LOL. I know that doesnt count but does anyone know anything about this car?!?!?

I am sure it is a replica based on another F-car.......but it looked sooo nice. I actually have pictures but I need to scan them.

Also spotted a Early 90's Black on Black Diablo (with the guy Revving the crap out of it in traffic) and a 95 silver/Red 355 Spyder on Ste.Catherine during the Grand Prix.......but sorry guys, the 355 was a Toronto car. Another Yorkville cruiser. (I'll post pics of those too once I scan them)

Vasco.R

Toronto

9. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I believe that this is the first time I've seen this word used on this site...and only a handful of us know the real significance behind it. LOL

Cheers...mon ostie!!!

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Vasco,
    Babes in Montreal ..
    There's too many and thats why I'm living here. :D
    Seriously there's many beautiful babes here in Montreal...
    Okay yesterday I went to see a hockey game ( Game 6 of the series between Boston vs Montreal--habs won btw!!) and I can't count how many chicks I saw the whole night. Unbelievable.

11. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    OH I KNOW, and thats part of the reason why I love your city. And the attitude is better. Alot more European flair that I am used to. Congratulations on the win. It would be nice to see a classic Montreal - Leafs final!

HEY Bernardo, I hope I didnt say anything bad. What is the real meaning heheheh I am starting to think that I don't really know now. LOL

Take care mon-ami

Vasco.R

12. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Yes.

13. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
  14. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    Guess what? I spotted a grigio 355 spider on highway 13 northbound/640. And on my way back on 13 south, a brand new mercedes c32 AMG. Never seen one that close up, what a BEAUTIFUL CAR.

Sorry no pics.

15. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    crap? a C32 counts for a spotter thread? Daaamn, I should bring my camera more often! The other day, I saw an SL600 with SLR rims, SL55, G500 and a blue 360 spider.
    All this in the Blainville area ... :D

16. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony

The players from the Montreal Canadiens must have had a meeting around there. That is the official neighbourhood for the players.

17. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Not that many of them, actually, but there are a couple. Actually, a lot of the people in that area are ... contractors! lolAnd yes, the Fontainebleau/Lorraine area is quite incredible. I find it quite amusing that people get such fine houses with so little space. If I were to dump 500g+, I sure would want to see more than the neighbour's backyard ... lol
    Anyways, as soon as it gets a bit warmer, I'll be sure to snap a couple pics. I guess that's the best place off the Island.

18. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    On my way to St. Alexis de Montcalm this morning, I got a quick glimpse of a silver 360 Modena Spider going south on HWY 25 (near Pie IX). I imagine that we would see more of these cars...if the weather would co-operate!!!!!

19. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Hey Hey!!!! Me again. Saw a yellow 360 Spider on my way out from work on Jean-Talon street east. What surprised me was how quiet it is.

20. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    Cruising all day today with my daughter in the TR, Little Italy, Downtown, St. Leonard. NOTHING except for a Corvette. Like I have said many times, The guys in Montreal do not drive their F-Cars.

Oh well, maybe I'll spot something tonite. Gonna take the wife for a granita, but with the temperature, looks like we'll have settle for an espresso with sambuca of course.

Come guys take out your cars...

21. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    You hit the nail right on the head!!!

Compared to a lot of other cities, I find that Montreal f-car owners are just a tad whimpy when it comes to driving their cars. I had mine out most of today, had you been at cafe Gerva...ooops, I mean Cafe Vanessa, you would have spotted it.

P.S. I'll (and my 3x8) be at Cafe Medusa (on Langelier under Buffet Amiens)tommorrow, watching the race with some other tifosi's.

FORZA FERRARI!!

22. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    For what it's worth, I spotted a red 348TB on the eastbound Metropolitain service road just past St. Michel. With a gorgeous day like today, I'm surprised that we haven't spotted more. What can I say, either we're not looking hard enough, or the cars are just no out there. Pity!

23. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Well, no pics, but last week, spotted about 3 times a red 360 with CS-like rear grill. Drops his kid at the same school my lil sister goes to, and must be living in the latest part of Fontainebleau (just north of Laval).
    Also spotted a 348 friday in Fontainebleau. First time I see that car around.
    Weather still needs to improve, if you ask me.:(

24. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    A beautiful day like today, and nothing, nada. Spent most of the afternoon on a terrasse on crescent street with a couple of buddies. We didn't spot a single exotic, except for a couple of vettes and porsches. Why don't you guys in Montreal take your cars out? We are pathetic compared to the Toronto Spotter Thread. We all know that Toronto is where the big bucks are at. But there is **** load of exotics in Montreal or else the John Scotti's, Ferrari Quebec, Holland Leasing, Corporate Cars and so on and so on wouldn't be in business.

CALLING ALL EXOTIC OWNERS OF MONTREAL AND SURROUNDING AREAS,
    PLEASE SHOW YOUR BEAUTIFUL CARS!!!!!

LOL

25. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I've been wanting to say that for a while, but just didn't have the stones to do so. However, while you were on the terrasse, some of us were stuck working on this beautiful afternoon...and couldn't drive our cars in order to be spotted. At least I got to run an errand at Canadian Tire this evening , simply to take the cobwebs off the old girl.

I guess I'm a pathetic whimp too.