Cars to pick up chicks: 'Closers' and 'Pullers' | FerrariChat

Cars to pick up chicks: 'Closers' and 'Pullers'

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Uberpower, Apr 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    FWIW- a good friend of mine is/was a total man-whore. He and Wilt Chamberlin could trade war stories for years. When I asked him what the best cars were to pick up chicks, here was his answer:

"Well Nick, there are 'closers' and there are 'pullers'. Definitions you ask?

CLOSER:

A 'closer' is a car that you can use to 'close' the deal. i.e. tell the girl that you have an XYZ outside and ask if she'd like to have a look. Then a natural progression of events:

1. Girl sees car 2. Girl sits inside car to smell/touch the interior 3. Girl goes home with guy in order to prepare breakfast for him in the morning.

PULLER:

A 'pull' car is a car that you drive up to the club Valet in and you point to a woman that is standing in line and she gets into your car and goes home with you. Period, no asking, no begging, no trickery, no buying drinks. It's just "You. Here. Now." and you go. (Most chicks have cell phones and will tell their friends that they will "catch up to them later") Order of events:

1. All Girls see car 2. Girl asks "How you you like your morning coffee?"

The CLOSER list:

1. Mercedes E-Class and up (CLK/CL/SL- especially pop. w/ ladies)
    2. Porsche (any 911 that is clean, Boxster also works)
    3. BMW (these have to be new, or look new, or they don't close)
    4. Jaguar (this guy said that the XK8 is most women's dream cars, I have independently verified this numerous times- who knew?) (also- bonus points for white paint/tan leather)
    5. Lotus (isn't that the car from Pretty Woman? Exactly babe!)

The PULL list:

1. Lamborghini (these are legendary, many chicks have NO CLUE what it is- but can sense it costs as much as 1,000 Prada purses. Must be Diablo/Countach/Murci/Gallardo)

2. Ferrari (Make/model unimportant... the standard that every "Daddy's little girl" dreams about)

3. Drumroll here... I did NOT expect this one- Dodge Viper RT/10 (His words: Don't ask me why, those goofy cars pull as good as ANY Ferrari!)

You may argue the list, I sure as hell did.... but that's what it is ladies and gents- go and BUY likewise.

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    If you have real game, you can have a 1991 honda civic station wagon with 245K miles and still get laid 3 times a week ;)

And Wilt never needed cars to get women ;)

3. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

True, but why arbitrarily limit yourself to 3 times per week? Roll a Lambo around and you will see the number escalate geometrically.

And before anyone gets all up in my grill about "who wants to be with that kind of chick anyway"... I'll tell you.

You do. I do. Everyone does.

They may not be bright, they may be shallow, but many are smoking hot and THAT'S what matters for the purposes of this thread.

Nick

4. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    IF I had a Lambo I would drive it and enjoy the car for what it is, and not cruise the clubs. But that is just me :) As far as why I limit myself to 3 times a week, lets see, I have 3 roommates. I live in a 13X13 (feet) room with 3 other people, so its difficult. I am cheap, condoms are expensive, not a good mix. ;) I have to study and graduate on time, so getting laid at times gets in the way. There is so much of dumb/shallow women you can stand, and I reach my limit rather quickly. You might be surprised at this, but I enjoy talking to a woman, someone who can keep my attention with her mind and her eyes. I like to be mentally stimulated. Also I have a bunk bed, and most women don't like to climb it too often ;)

Hope that clears it up :)

I wont preach and say "who wants to be with those chicks." We all know what kind of thread this is. You are talking about the F--able women and not the marriageable ones. I got it.

5. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    As recounted by a Persian taxi-driver in Copenhagen...
    "In America, you need a nice car. Here, you just need a bicycle. I love Denmark."

6. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Boy, I am really going to denegrate myself by posting a response to this non-sense but here goes.

First off I never used any of my Ferrari's or Porsche's specifically to get laid and second consider the following:

1) A guy who picks up chicks with his Lambo or Ferrari and get's laid 4 or 5 times a week is being admired for what's under his hood or in his back pocket (namely his wallet)

2) A guy in Chevy pickup or a Honda that gets laid 4 or 5 times per week is being admired for what's in his PANTS!

At the end of the day both are getting laid the same amount but one guys is getting, pardon my pun, more bang for the buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.....I am going to retire from Ferrarichat after responding to this senseless post!

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The very sad thing about this post is I know a girl that met a guy that owned a Ferrari one night. She told us this the next day at work ... well the first thing all us guys said is:

"How do you know it was his car?, might have borrowed it, etc."

The poor girl had never thought of that ... WTF.

Anyway surprise, surprise the guy never called her ... but from the sounds of it there was nothing more she could have done anyway, she did it all on the first date!

Man, some people are fncken stupid ... this girl should have been very blond. At the time I felt sorry for this girl as she worked her way around her co-workers ... and the last I heard of her, she was pregnant and possibly married to some ar$ehole who had left her, etc.

In the end they are in control of their destiny, but this girls future could have been so much better if she had bumped into a nicer bloke ... but I guess that was never going to happen ;)

Pete

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The only time I've EVER had stranger girls approach a vehicle and start flirting was riding shotgun with a friend in his red 355. I was quite surprised that actually does happen. My wife laughed and said she's glad the car has only two seats.

Closest I've had with my WRX is middle-aged (and even elderly!) women who liked the metallic blue color compliment it.

9. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    That is funny as hell!!!!

Can I repost it?!?!?!?!

DrS

10. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The girl could always sit on your lap ;)

You should see me in the mini. I got a 64 year old woman walking up to me asking if it would be a good car for their grandson. I get compliments for older guys (who have had the original), and women 35-55 only!

Then again I didn't buy the car to get women, imagine that!! :eek:

11. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    An interesting psychology experiment would be to get a yellow lambo (Diablo or Murci), set up a camera inside, and then try the, "You. Get in the car." and "wanna come with me" and see how many women take the bait. Drive them around then drop them off. I wonder what the % would be.

It would make for a VERY compelling article or psyche paper, especially if the camera could see the psychological/non-verbal negotiation as people decide to take the lure. Then, you sell the study results to the lambo marketing dept or get published in a journal, go to academic conferences and car shows, then Oprah, Leno, etc. If you could prove with stats analysis that x% of women will jump just for money - with an experiment and not a poll - then it would at least make the Headline News ticker...

Or you could do one of those MTV shows where the parents are watching and waiting and you pick up the girl and then immediately drop her off with her parents, who then guilt-trip her for being a twit jumping into a stranger's car.

Anyone remember the movie "Crazy People?" In particular both the Jaguar and the Porsche ads they made?

12. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Please do before you bore us all to death.

Can't you have any fun, or have a laugh or whatever? Geez man, it's like talking to a Porsche (PCNA) guy or something. Dork.

Beyond anything else, I think that it is HILARIOUS that women respond this way to cars, it is a FACT and that is what makes it so funny.

C'mon slick, put down those estrogen pills and have a laugh at the expense of these barbie dolls. sheesh.

13. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Assuming that you are talking to me and notMrs. Wetblanket (FORacing) of course you can repost!

Nick

14. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    In my experience, owning a Ferrari and getting girls is what you make of it. If you're a shy guy and you don't get laid much in general, owning a Ferrari isn't gonna help you all that much. Girls don't just run over, drop their clothes, and jump on you. You still have to have a minimal amount of game to pull girls with your fancy car. If you're an outgoing person and know how to use it for getting girls, it will probably assist you bigtime, but if you're shy and don't typically approach girls, it's not gonna help nearly as much as you think or hope.

15. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Slick? Dork?

I guess you are another one of the new breed on this forum that add to the value of Ferrari chat. Yeah, I think it's humerous but at the same time I don't think much of women who actually get in a car because some moron points a them and says "Get In".

I am sure Enzo would be pleased to know that when YOU do actually get a 355 you'll be making full use of the rev limiter at the club or valet parking area.

My 355 wasn't to impress other people or get laid. It sat in a trailer and couldn't even be driven to the club or the parking lot though I am sure the ladies would be much more impressed when I show up in a Ferrari race car and can not only say I own a Ferrari, but unlike you can actually drive it fast.

Maybe I should have dropped the "senseless post remark" but you sound like some high school kid calling me names.

Another reason why Ferrarichat is going to the dogs!

Cheers,

Jon

16. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Nick/no355: In Jon/Flatout's defense, I don't think you read his post in the right light - it wasn't really knocking the joking around at all. You kind of went after him... I know you've be playing D lately on other threads, but I think you snapped back a bit too hard here.

17. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Jon

You forgot to mention the one time you actually DID bring the 355 CH on the street...To scare the **** out of those ricers you saw flying all over the place!

That might have been the funniest post to date on F-chat:)

18. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    John,

Isn't it ironic that I now actually race a similar car (Honda/Acura)? Believe it or not I have run into the passenger a few times in my neighborhood. He has upgraded his taste and owns a new Z car complete with track package but no giant rear wing!

Haven't seen his buddies car since he took off scarred.

Man if I could have had the in car camcorder on that day it would be the stuff of legends.

Regards,

Jon

19. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO

That would probably be one of the most circulated videos in the online car enthusiast community! Tis a shame...

BTW, any pics of your new machine? I checked your profile and I must have missed the posts you have made about the new addition.

20. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    #20 FLATOUTRACING, Apr 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    John,

Sold the 355 C earlier this year. I bought a Grand Am Cup Acura (see info at www.flatoutracing.net) to race in SCCA/NASA and do some endurance racing. I am also considering a Porsche GT3 Cup Car to race in Grand Am Rolex in 05 though right now I am trying to put together a deal to do two Grand Am races in Porsche 996 (rent a ride).

Not a 355 Challenge but much cheaper to trade sheet metal with:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Yes, I am AllanLambo incarnate. (Where is my eye-rolling emoticon?)

No one "thinks much of them" that's why it's funny.

Yeah! Me and the ricers revving it up! Please. BTW- I can buy whatever non-supercar Ferrari I want TODAY. However, I an still undecided to the point where I am liking Diablos more at this point.

Right. Must be those stunning good looks of yours, trim body and your big muscles that gets the women and impresses people in general huh? Perhaps it's your advanced sense of humor?

Wow. That almost hurt my feelings, nice try though. Any idiot can drive a ferrari fast, they are fast cars. You are the one talking about "changing sheetmetal" in your post about your cool new Acura.

Who is calling names now? I placed this in Off-Topic, because it is exactly that. If you want to talk about racing or heritage, there are several other threads on the MAIN board, go be stone-serious there. Let fun people have fun in Off-Topic. That's what it is here for.

Nick

22. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Nick,

I am actually one of the Ferrarichatters that never had a problem with Allan. He added much to the site in terms of knowledge and humor. Everyone else took it way too personal. I've been on this site for three and a half years and Allan and I had no problems with the many debates and arguements over Ferraris and Lambos.

As for "fast" you and I have a different definition of fast. Any idiot can mash a pedal on a car with 400 HP. But take that same idiot the track and ask him to take a corner at 110 + shows who is really fast.

A turbo charged Honda Civic with 380 hp is fast in a straight line, a Shelby 350 Fastback is fast in a straight line, ............... but try driving a Civic or muscle car through the kink at Road America at 140 +.

Do you think some chick is going to be impressed when you get your 355 up to 100 in 10 seconds or hit 150 in 26 seconds when someone else can give her a ride on a Ducati that will blow a 355, or any Ferrari into the weeds.

And as for sheetmetal, if you aren't changing sheetmetal or touching up the paint you ain't running at the front of the race field.

As for getting women with my 355, well I've was married when I bought and owned all three Ferraris and most of my Porsches.

I don't know your friend so maybe he is the next Wilt C. but I found the following to be true in many instances:

-those who talk about how much money they make, usally don't make that much

AND

-those who talk about getting laid every other day, usually ain't getting laid at all

If you have talk about it then it ain't likely happening.

And as for being serious, well I did try to post something somewhat humerous to the thread, even if you don't find my attempt at humor funny.

Jon

23. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Jon,

Not sure if you are continuing to insinuate anything, but I grow tired of these "flame wars" rather quickly. You have some well illustrated points, and I am sure a great many of them are true- but there are always exceptions to the rules.

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Truce?

24. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Nick,

TRUCE! Will agree that there are exceptions to every rule. It was 3 am when I posted last evening on Ferrari chat so may have been a bit tired and should not have posted the term "senseless". Was trying to add some humor to the thread but as you noted I don't earn my living being humerous and as an economist, being humerous is in short supply around here.

Not trying to start a flame war. Just miss the many posts in off-topic of a political, economic and social issues that used to take place. But as you noted it's "Off Topic" so that includes everything "non-Ferrari".

Regards,

Jon

25. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    i don't talk about it... not that that means anything. :(

FOR, got a link to the special fried rice discussion...? :D

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    if you don't want flaming threads, stop setting your pants on fire.