The FerrariKiller | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The FerrariKiller

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by odezzie, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What's the best web site for GT40's ?

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  3. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Funny how I never hear about a Ford Killer, or a Lamborghini beater... it's always Ferrari.

4. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Alan, you don't know what the pickup is in the bottom right corner of the photo do you? Just curious. Watched Sebring 12 hour on TV, Corvette won the GTS class and the GT3R hammered the 360. Shaping up to be a hard battle.

James

5. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The reason you don't is because after stomping Ferrari 4 years in a row at LeMans Ford retired. Ferrari has not not won that race since. As for Lambo killers as Lambo has never won a major race ever there is no need for one. But before you LOL don't try to beat one of those Audi's with a Ferrari. You won't.

6. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    very good point...it says it all!!!!

7. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I guess everyone picks their fights according to their abilities. Right now Formula 1 is where Ferrai chooses to compete and I daresay there is nothing anybody can do presently to even offer a modicum of competition in this very rarified air.

The rumor is that that the powers that be at Volkwagen AG are actively pursuing "technical cooperation" with Ferrari Maserati Group in order to get a shortcut into F1 when Fiat finally implodes or sells its remaining auto assets to GM and FM group is free to follow its new German suitor.

Otherwise there are simply not enough resources in VW to pursue a very expensive F1 program in addition to its current business.

8. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Originally Posted by Koby
    Funny how I never hear about a Ford Killer, or a Lamborghini beater... it's always Ferrari.

For many years, Ferrari had the v8 exotic market to them selves. Ford and Lambo both decided to
    jump in, and now I hear people at Ferrari saying they need a car that can keep up with the Baby Lambo.

Now that Ford and Lambo are both faster than the 360.... you have a bunch of guys at Ferrari bench-marking the Ford GT and Lambo as the target to beat with the next 360.

Its a new day

9. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Alex
    Ferrari's F1 program IS the one to beat. IMHO F1 has become so arcane that it no longer has much to do with cars. F1 is great exposure for tobacco co. and until tabacco adv. ends it will contiune at this level. After that I think there will be huge cost cutting and I for one think it will get more interesting.
    VW,GM,Ford, and P race to get exposure for their cars not for their sponsors.

10. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    did you say ford....ford!!!! ford???? in the same sentence as ferrari.?.get real!!!!

11. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Enzo did, in fact he doodled the logo of the new co. Ford-Ferrari would be the car division, Ferrari-Ford would be the racing division. A few months after he pissed off Henry he begged him to reconsider on the terms Henry offered. I remember Henry's response: "Not interested."
    Another person who put the 2 in the same sentence was a chicken farmer from Texas. "Ferrari your as s is mine." He then went out and stomped them.
    Those who forget history are condemned to relive it. When the flag dropped on this fine day in June the bullsh it stopped and Ferrari hasn't won at LeMans since.

12. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    So, are you getting the new one, or is you're slightly used one enough?

13. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Mine does have about 23,000 miles (over 3000 of which were put on in one day) on it but I think she has a few good ones left.

14. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Ferrari has been beaten and will be beaten again.
    The amazing thing to me about the fantastic Ferrari-Ford wars was it took Ford millions of dollars buying the best technologies he could find to beat the aging owner of by comparison a microscopic machine shop owner in an Italian hamlet with a tiny fraction of Ford Racing's operating budget. And that Ferrari have done it for 50 years against Alfa, Mercedes, Ford, Jaguar,... while they are doing well financially now, it was quite nip and tuck in the early days
    I concur with Carroll Shelby's genius, but comparatively he was a brief flash in the pan.
    Ferrari is far from omnipotent and has made collosal mistakes, but that combination of stubborness, genius, staying power, success and some undefinable spiritual quality is rarely matched.
    Just my 2 Lira

15. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Hey I agree totally. IMHO Ferrari, all things considered stands alone. The only point I was trying to make was that anyone who dismisses the Ford GT or the GT 40/MK-IV's is sniffing glue.

16. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Who knew?? ;)

The world revolves around beating the next guy. Ford did it to Ferrari, Ferrari does it to BMW/MacLaren, and so it goes...food chain, boys...next?
    FWIW
    Lee

17. odezzie

odezzie Rookie

Mar 29, 2004
    nice picture

18. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Don't forget the Dodge Viper. That car didn't get much respect around here either. It's practically unbeatable when it raced.

Factory Corvettes and Porsches are doing spectacularly. But I wish Ferrari would become bored of F1 and dump some money and talent into a proper factory sports car team. That would be fun to watch.

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Actually the Ford vs. Ferrari battles continue to this day!

The right side of my car was heavily damaged by a Mustang spinning out of control!

Fixed it just in time to have the LEFT side heavily damaged by....guess!!

General Motors! The deductible on GMs factory insurance policy was $300K.
    They just mailed a check and told me not to get in the way of the truck again. LOL!

20. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Willis
    I'm with you. That's why I miss those days.
    If you made a sports car you raced it. One other thing I miss is race cars without sponsor's lables totally obscuring them.
    Has Jon got his Ford GT yet?
    Best

21. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Unless they can find a way to make MORE money with that than F1, i highly doubt they'll be pulling out of F1 any time soon...

22. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Damn acid ruins your memory also I guess!!

23. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Mr. Bill)

24. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Jim,

Nothing we could do about sponsor decals these days. Wouldn't be surprised if a factory Ferrari GT race car have Vodafone, FIAT, and Marlboro plastered all over it. :) I also wonder how well Schumacher would do in GT racing for Ferrari?

Jon and I are not exactly close. :) I think other local club members (the boardmembers) who post on this site might know for sure.

25. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    #125 G-force, Apr 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mark
    made me find a photo of my first GT-40. don't even remeberr the serial # maybe 1027? It was a redman/ickes ex race car. Help me with the number Napolis. . Bought it from Brian Wingfield in London for 23,000!!!!!!!! OH well......I know my other one was #1012
    Image Unavailable, Please Login