The FerrariKiller | Page 4 | FerrariChat

The FerrariKiller

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by odezzie, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I agree with Ralf but it looks like Ferrari picks its battles. If the rumors of the 420 are true then what areas will it be better at then the competition? We can look at the Enzo/McLaren comparison too. They might not have beaten it top speed wise, but it beats the F1 to 100 a full second ahead.

I don't think that Ferrari is playing catch up at all. To me it seems like everyone else is trying to catch up to Ferrari. It's obvious that Ferrari is a bench mark in the autoworld, or else no one would be coming up with threads like this (or the "are Ferrari's day's numbered" thread). The way I see it is, Ferrari just has some stiff competition. If the road car division is anything like the F1 division, then I'm sure they'll be up for the challenge.

2. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I dont care how the Ford GTO performs, but all I can say is that the car looks like a redneck piece of ****.

3. 194kw

194kw Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    the GT will be a great car. Great styling. Is it a Ferrari Killer? Perhaps, only until Ferrari comes out with something that destroys it. Competition on that level is something which every car lover can appreciate.

As for all the comments along the lines of - "It's still a Ford." Ferrari's are certainly not known for their staggering reliability record if thats what you're implying. If not then, you are right - very observant by the way to notice - that indeed it's a Ford.

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Wayne
    1,2,3, was 66
    1,4 was 67
    1 was 68
    1 was 69
    (68&69 were same car 1075)
    Best

5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Napolis do you have a side profile shot of your GT40 ? Thanks :)

6. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Your passion is great :)
    But I think Ferrari use to be magic all alone…. now some have caught up

I'm confused also. I don't know how you'd pick which beauties are magic, and which aren't?
    I'll have to go get my "magic wand" :) Duck Duck Goose!

7. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Ryan could'nt have put it better earlier, I'm starting to think Odezzie and Allanlambo are related. Just let them ramble. Ferrari is and always will be the benchmark that all sports cars have to compare to or be better than to be seriously considered.

8. odezzie

odezzie Rookie

Mar 29, 2004
    im not saying that the FORD GT is better than a Ferrari...im sayin it will smoke some of ther ferrari's...tha'ts all

9. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    It took you THAT long to clarify?!?! That is hilarious

10. odezzie

odezzie Rookie

Mar 29, 2004
    thank you banana boat!!

11. odezzie

odezzie Rookie

Mar 29, 2004
    no you guys are halarious!!!!
    take it to seriously...

12. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The above is really stupid. The Ford Motor Co. has a long and glorious motorsports history. Indeed the Co. was financed by investors who agreed to if and only if Henry could build a car, which could win a motor race which he did. Ford has won many, many races over it's 100 year history including one very major one that Ferrari nor Porsche although they tried couldn't.
    Mark
    #2 in the photo I posted in post #26 is mine. (It's also in the BG black&white Rolex moment in time shot.) Is that what you're looking for or another one? BTW that was the only time in history that all MK-IV's ever built were in the same place at the same time.

13. odezzie

odezzie Rookie

Mar 29, 2004
    i related to the term FerrariKiller beacuase back in the day the FordGT40 was the only car to beat the champion line of Ferrari's. In case u didn't know noobs

14. EVO8

EVO8 Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Cerritos, LA
    Full Name:
    Philip
    EVO all the way. LOL.
    Fastest Evo in U.S.: 11.5 @123 m.p.h.
    We're getting there bit by bit.
    Bye bye Ferrari and Ford.

Philip

15. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

I've been trying to find a side profile shot like this one, but in color and of a yellow GT40?

That is a great photo with all the gt40's together :) Thanks for posting it.

16. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'll find or take one for you.
    Best

17. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

18. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    The Ferrari 360 is far better than this American piece of junk. What sounds better:
    1) I have a Ford.
    2) I have a Ferrari.
    That pretty much sums it up. When the GT beats the Ferrari, you can just tell him that he has a Ford(if you can hear him since the interior is probably all plastic and rattling).

19. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, it may outperform many F-cars.

Yet, it's name is "Ford".

20. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Jim:

Are you getting one? I upset two dealers in the states when I told them I wanted to get one under the X-plan terms.

Cheers,
    Erik

21. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Spellcheck but not bad for a 10 year old dreamer.

22. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Out of curiosity, how do you tell someone he has a Ford when you are staring at his taillights? Besides that from the current pre-production interior photos it looks top rate. Just remember though, no one will ever key you for owning a Ford GT.

"Yet, I just kicked your ass" Is the owner's response.

"Yes its name is Porsche"
    "Yes its name is Aston Martin"
    "Yes its name is Lamborghini"

Those are the names the GT will be compared too, those are the names that the GT40 will be held in esteem with, if not held in higher esteem in America (history does mean something after all). Whatever belief you have of the name "Ford" impacting it... I don't believe will surface. The only thing that will surface will be the price being 150,000 as opposed to 200,000+. Which in the eyes of the 99% who can't afford either, simply doesn’t matter.

Don't resort to the name Ferrari as some sort of holy grail protector. Instead emphasize that you buy a Ferrari for history, passion, and the particular symphony of a Ferrari engine and acknowledge that a Ford GT will be a separate but equal competitor in the eyes of the world.

Besides, what is your argument when a Mclaren owner tells the Enzo owner "Yet, the name is Ferrai." ?

23. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #98 Sfumato, Apr 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks :) the top photo is a great shot! really shows off the lines

25. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Mark
    And guess what that's my car.
    Ken
    I'm really at limit of what I can find time to drive, and therefore I probably won't. I have several friends who are and I'll give you a report.
    Best