Thoughts on Nissan 350z. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thoughts on Nissan 350z.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Ekasilicon, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Actually, since my friend has one I was able to look at one very closely. Lets just say I would rather be in the Z4.

For the money my old 97 NA2 NSX cost about the same as a new Z, and would match its speed/acceleration in a gear higher then the Z. Downshift and there was no comparo whatsoever. The car was built better 1000x then the Z too.

My other friend has a 300Z. Now that is a better car IMO then the current Z, with better build, and faster. That said I never liked the interior of the old Z.

Too each his own, but personally the only Japanese cars I like are the NSX (awesome daily driver exotic) and the last generation Honda Prelude. (What can I say...it looks cute)

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Omar
    The build quality on the Z's I have had is good, not great but definatly not CRAP. THe Z4 only sports around 195 hp and is a ball of fun to drive. the Z is (i think) a better all around car and Nissan (personal experience) has a bag of goodies coming in the 05 with bit more power and a slight re design of the interior.

This Rudy guy just annoys the hell out of me with blanket statements like that. I do this opinionated mostly balanced reporting stuff for a living and you just can't make comments like that without being able to back them up.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I like your insight. Again I base my judgements on my own experiances, but my friend's Z has rattly trim bits and such that make me wonder at times. His car is an early 350Z and he beats the piss out of it so that might be it. Not my cup of tea personally, again, and I didn't have anything personal against him or Zs. They just didn't rock my boat the way other cars do. For me to like a car, when I sit in it, feel the steering, look out of the windshield, etc, the car has to have a certain *something* that makes me feel at home. The new Z doesn't do it for me.

It's not the Z's fault, it can happen to cars that I love beyond all belief. I love Lotus Esprits like you would not imagine, but when I sat in the driver seat I couldn't feel at home. One of the worse days in my (car-related portion) life...

On the positive side, the 512M I have sat in, I felt at home. I was worried that the experiance would go the way of the Lotus, but luckly no...

4. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Hey Richard, saw pics of your Z now......Robin Yellow 850r told me about it and that sucks. He said you might be getting another. He also showed me the video of the Mcoupe that that is smoking it past you. Got any more vids of that car? I couldn't believe how fast it is.

L8tr
    Jeremy

PS good write up on the 350z. I have a buddy who has one and the car is great for the money I think.

5. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    First 12 months US sales for 350Z

35,233 DELIVERED Aug 02 - July 03

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i laughed my BALLS off through that entire review... Probably the funniest thing i've read all week... Puts the joke threads to shame... Thank you; i needed that...