Sf90 resale prices?! | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Sf90 resale prices?!

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by PrancingHorseBro, Jul 24, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uniqueMR

uniqueMR Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 3, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. O
    What I meant was not through cars. But via my businesses, investments, etc. I can make up shortages.

Plus as you and most of us know that some of us buy these cars via businesses and take the depreciation (write off). There are many ways to minimize..

I totally agree with you. Yup enthusiasts, owners, addictive to the brand :)

Thanks, I am only pursuing 2 cars for now (12Ci and Puro), I am lucky enough to have them on waitlisting status. Deposit has been paid some months back ($30k each). Now looking forward to deliveries in 2026, hopefully!!

About garage, not that good. I am working on it :) Nothing special.
    They follow me due to being local, hanging around, attending gathering, etc. As you know friendship, relationship counts much in this field along with spending lol.

danielinCO2 likes this.
  2. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #577 Cocoloco, Jul 26, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2024
    Your dealer (?) with no history is being honest - says you will receive Puro and 12Ci - ok
    One would think - requires 1 - 2 used F cars from their inventory.
    FNA looks at HNW long term ownership past history dollars spent in service F1 participation Corsa the list is long - dealer submits those names.

3. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Ok now I’m curious. Probably another thread topic, but how in the world does one justify a Ferrari purchase as a business expense? I’m afraid if audited, that would be a challenge to defend. But I’m open to being educated!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Depends on what you do for a living. Just a wild example but Someone that is in high end real estate may need a car to impress high end clientele, for example. If you are selling a 10 million home do you want to show up in a Honda or a Ferrari? There are certain jobs that may require a portrayal of a certain status.

I actually know an owner of a landscape company that drives a Lamborghini and he has it as a business’s expenses. He owns the company and doesn’t cut the grass. His clients homes are all over 5 mil and he wants to provide reassurance that his customers went with a high end company.

5. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Good question. Maybe by people pretending to be social media 'influencers' and claiming their exotic car leases as a 'marketing expense'?

Jo Sta7 and Thecadster like this.
  6. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #581 Cocoloco, Jul 26, 2024
    Read your posts for years on different forums - if you think it's a good idea to deduct a Lambo on taxes and practice law ... you better have some influencers as clients. Landscaping does not fit writing off Lambo. Now if it is a URUS under the old tax law - yes as GVWR applied.

7. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Under a lease or ownership - you can write off a limited dollar amount applicable to usage. Personal vs business.
    In the past GVWR SUV had no limit Rolls Royce or Pick up truck - depending on use 85% day one could be written off.

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    If not wealthy enough that you have to play games to write off $1200 per month of an exotic payment, well idk what you tell ya about financial priorities.

9. ForeverNA

ForeverNA Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    This conversation reminds me of middle school. "Wow, how did you afford this? I thought your parents sell groceries only." Turns out parents own a national chain. Lol.

One thing for sure in Fchat. No one is the richest and what one does is not anyone's business.

This guy IG as a watch collector is followed by Kari Voutilainen, and you are curious about what he does in the context of questioning his abilities of owing a few Ferraris.

Where is the palm to face emoji?

willcrook likes this.
  10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Having been through an IRS audit, I would never even considered deducting a Ferrari as a business expense. Side note, they don’t call them audits any more. When I was notified, the initial letter read that I had been “randomly selected to participate in a study of high income individuals”…lol.

LuxRes, Lcawley, Face76 and 2 others like this.
  11. uniqueMR

uniqueMR Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 3, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. O
    #586 uniqueMR, Jul 26, 2024
    When you write off or take depreciation on your taxes (not just on cars) you are trying to minimize your tax bill. That's all. Nothing illegal about it. No wonder richer people pay less taxes :)

Anyways everyone situation is unique, you gotta do what you gotta do in order to afford your lifestyle ;)

12. uniqueMR

uniqueMR Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 3, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. O
    lol
    Never judge a book by its cover

ForeverNA likes this.
  13. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Didn’t say I supported the concept whatsoever, in fact I think it’s a bad idea and not worth the risks. I don’t even support the Montana registration concept. (Which I know is a very controversial topic in other threads)

Lcawley likes this.
  14. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Best watch faces of any brand. Craftsman is unreal and 99.9% have never heard of Kari.

ForeverNA likes this.
  15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm with you. Easier to have zero funny business. If you're a billionaire you have teams of tax lawyers and accountants to continually fight with the IRS. If you're a 10-100 millionaire, taxes are what they are. High and annoying but lifes good so oh well.

Face76, jumpinjohn and Thecadster like this.
  16. ForeverNA

ForeverNA Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    #591 ForeverNA, Jul 26, 2024
    I had decided to concentrate on FPJ for his movement, and purchased 3 SE x Kari to soothe the itch for Kari's finishing. (Looking back, super crazy, just did not want to wait for 4 more years. It's like buying 3 different colors of 458 speciale at the same time in car world). In this line, Kari is responsible for all dial and movement finish. SE is for the movement only.

I sold the blue one, and retain this 01/10 in this special edition of blue and gray and another one - one of eight in green.

The interior angles/anglage by hand and overall finishing is top tier in watch world, only less than 5 can compare in the world, IMHO.

Happy to post the green one if anyone cares.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

BCHOW, Face76, Andynyc and 1 other person like this.
  17. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Agreed. Billionaires can pay for super exotic structures to avoid taxes and generally don’t have much “income”. Meanwhile, the garden variety UHNWI get totally hosed. It’s basically unavoidable, but it’s certainly better than the 50% paying zero taxes because they don’t earn enough money.

jumpinjohn and Jo Sta7 like this.
  18. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Love the photos. When I bought my Gronefeld 8 second Remontoire I had the option of getting the dial that Kari did. Ended up getting the plain dial and still regret that decision!! Can’t go wrong with FPJ and I have a bunch of them in the past and still have the Havana dial one.

ForeverNA likes this.
  19. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    Thread has descended into chaos through weird insecurity of the sf90 depreciating into people (perhaps ironically ) being questioned for bad financial decisions

ForeverNA likes this.
  20. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    And watch nerds talking about brands that most people have never heard of. Guilty as charged.

Jo Sta7, Face76 and ForeverNA like this.
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    OTOH, at least no one has mentioned the game changing, paradigm shifting nature of the new 1064hp internal combustion TT V8 LT7 engine that Chevy managed to stuff into the new C8 ZR1.

ScrappyB, Jo Sta7, Face76 and 2 others like this.
  22. ForeverNA

ForeverNA Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    You are so bad. Hahaha. $100 he is going to write a chapter defending sf90 as if someone is attacking it when no one is.

Thecadster likes this.
  23. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    First corvette I’m considering to order. Ever. My wife may disown me.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Thecadster likes this.
  24. ForeverNA

ForeverNA Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    You betray Ferrari! How dare you? Lol

jumpinjohn likes this.
  25. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Wonder if I could arbitrage a ZR1 at MSRP into a well depreciated SF90 at some point in the future?

Thecadster likes this.