FoW Ownership Change? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FoW Ownership Change?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by StanT, Jan 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iMrMark

iMrMark Karting

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    To play devils advocate, I think the showroom might reflect the state of the market these days. Sure, there’s only a LaFerrari, an F430 Scuderia, a Monza SP1, and a 488 challenge car regularly in the showroom based on my last few visits, but I imagine those are cars that don’t necessarily move overnight. the cars they have had in that seemed to move quickly were things like some 458s, a 488 Spyder, a couple 360s. What I mean to say is that I think the used car market is still pretty stretched for what I’d call the average Ferrari shopper, so it doesn’t feel unusual to see that front room totally empty or nearly just.

sorry to hear what they did with the wash though, that is just not acceptable. :( I’m super picky myself with how I detail my cars historically, but every so often you think “certainly the dealer is trusted enough to do this, they do it to their own cars after all!” Really should be holding a high standard there, even more so for their customer’s cars. The sentiment does seem to be that there are a number of well respected options for service in our area, for sure. Definitely not stuck going to them.

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Competizione and Sports Cars, not to bad a drive from NOVA or have it shipped.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Ive never had an issue with their service department but in general I dint have dealers wash my cars.

4. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

Not mine they don't. Their sales guy Carlo should be selling used KIAs to buy-here/pay-here customers at a sketchy non-franchise dealer on the county/city border.

Mike

LARRYH, Piper and E60 M5 like this.
  5. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
  6. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    #56 fedcoin, Aug 13, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    This video was filmed live at TYSONS 2 Galleria.
    My cousin she's on the far right lime green.

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    What is the point of this? Am I missing something here?

8. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    How long have you been living in Fairfax County, Virginia. Mr. Rossocorsa.

9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Never. I live in DC.

10. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Goto Competizioni. Labor is 65% CHEAPER than the dealer and quality is vastly higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adamas likes this.
  11. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    #61 fedcoin, Aug 13, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    DC fine. In 1976 my Father had 2 offices in DC. One at 7th & D and his executive office at 18th & F Street NW. During '76 we installed the first mainframes ever at those locations. At age 4 I helped set up the raised floors in those computer rooms. The machines were Cray or Bull I can't be specific.

12. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    Specific to the FoW Ownership Change, I suppose I could talk about Ron Burkle, plenty of subject matter there.

13. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well this sure took a bizarre turn

Gh21631 likes this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Same with all of his other posts.

E60 M5 likes this.
  15. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

He gone.

Gh21631 likes this.
  16. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yeah, it's quiet there now. Very little physical inventory. But I was glad to see Carlo gone. I didn't want to say much when he was there, but that was instant dislike. The one and only time I even momentarily consider a Levante, I was unlucky enough to have him showing me the car and he literally, kid you not, slapped my hand away from the head unit not once but twice while I was playing with the sound setup. Just ****ing weird and I avoided him like the plague from then on.

17. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Carlo Sandrin is no longer with FoW? It must be recent because I saw him there less than a month ago!

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    He's still listed on their website

19. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I haven't seen him the last several times I was in. Would rather not have posted feedback if he's still there, but if so maybe he'll learn from it.

20. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    No he's not. I saw Carlo there today

21. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    This post was in reference to FedCoin, posted before any mention of Carlo.

carz80am and Gh21631 like this.
  22. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I haven’t been there for ages. Not much there to interest me.

E60 M5 likes this.
  23. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I have a fondness for FoW, will always appreciate that dealership. Lots of good times. But sadly I'm in the same place. A whole lot of been there done that and their new pricing just kinda puts me out of their target demographic anymore. Last decade you could buy a decent, extremely low miles F430 or 612 or something for $100-150k just out of warranty. Now everything is hovering about $100k higher for the same years/miles. Just a little out of my comfort zone. And honestly now with the C8 hard top convertible I don't miss Ferrari at all. If business goes well, very well, after I'm an empty nester I could see going retro for a 612 OTO or something for a second fun car but it's not likely. The only one I wanted and never had was the 458 and it's held it's value maddeningly well, too well, and the new vette has taken any of my passion for the 458 or 488, gone, poof.

E60 M5 likes this.
  24. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Pricing isn't really their fault though. That's just the market. People that bought cars early last year or before are seeing a nice roi with current prices and hopefully some enjoyment.

Gh21631 likes this.
  25. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Probably seven years ago, one of the top sales associates at FoW told me flat out, I'm sure due to a number of factors, that Ferrari prices would increase by six figures across all models. It was imminent at the time, and it did happen. I'm not sure which market forces you're speaking of, but it wasn't recent market forces, nor the secondary market. Since it's well known that Ferrari makes on average $80k per unit, I would absolutely conclude the increase was necessary. But I am in no way referring to increases due to secondary market forces since COVID, but rather the increase in price from 458 to 488, from 612 to FF, from 599 to F12. They've maintained an entry level model but I find it less than compelling. I've had each a Cali 30 and a Cali T in addition to pretty much every model from the decade prior to this one except the 458, and which the Cali T was an absolute beast. it, the Portofino, the Roma, have all been bested by Chevrolet. The more I drive the C8, the more I realize that I don't even miss the relevance of Ferrari in my life. And Ferrari was indeed a big part of my life for a very long time. I'm so impressed in fact by C8 that were all Ferraris to give back that $100k increase tomorrow, it wouldn't sway me in the slightest.