going to philadelphia for the weekend.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

going to philadelphia for the weekend....

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ross, Jul 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    colombo2cam likes this.
  2. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    are you showing something??

375+ likes this.
  3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Just my legs, going casual. How about you?

4. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    same - no car this year - I may have to go to North Jersey in the morning to drop a car off but hopefully I will do that Sunday.

5. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    no. Its not bad at all. Especially where you are going. Crime exists everywhere...especially these days. Center City Philadelphia is about as safe as any major city can be. If you aren't afraid to walk in Manhattan, you shouldn't worry about Center City Philadelphia. This is coming from a former Philadelphia Prosecutor who has been working in Center City for well over 20 years.

Texas Forever, 375+ and colombo2cam like this.
  6. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

7. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
  8. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    for perspective Giant fans should be aware that the old Veterans Stadium had a Jail in it. PA is not like NY and NJ in regards to the 2nd Amendment!

E60 M5 and Texas Forever like this.
  9. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Baltimore O's has a jail in the basement as well. Too many Yankee/O's fights back in the day.

10. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    ok. back from philly.
    i enjoyed it. it has its issues like every other city in america - mostly self inflicted - too many crazy homeless
    the architecture is really interesting. the historic attractions are incredible of course as the birthplace of our declaration of independence and constitution.
    we stayed at the hilton logan square which was very nice and well located. nice roof terrace overlooking logan square.
    we went to many restaurants - some were winners, other less so.

morimoto - worthwhile. i have had the equivalent quality in houston, but this was nice. good service.
    butcher and singer - very nice decor and atmosphere. excellent steaks.
    harper's garden- brunch, very nice, good service.
    owl tavern - crap but nice service.
    vetri cucina.....started badly; they made us wait 35 minutes for our table without offering water wine or apology. then sat us in the very worst table in the restaurant perched on a landing between the toilets, stairs, and the kitchen entrance - i complained, but my choice was table or no table (despite having told them we were there for my wife's birthday). and despite telling them and talking to them over the phone earlier in the week about my wife's gluten intolerance, they had no gluten free bread. to their credit, after the first course they did reseat us downstairs which was nice. they served me the wrong wine, and i only noticed at bill time, but they changed the price to my original wine choice. the problem was the food - just not up to the hype. maybe a 7/10. and because of that, they were somewhat pretentious imo. i told them all this in my review. but right now i cannot recommend them at the price point they charge, at this level, you have better choices.
    4 seasons sky bar - stupid. never got in. we got dressed for dinner on thursday and went there for a drink at about 7pm. they asked if i had a reservation but i said i did not, and just wanted to have a drink and stay for 45 minutes. no dice. they would not let me in without a reservation. ok, i said then can i make a reservation for the next night at 7pm.....and the answer was....no, they would only take walk-ins on a first come-first serve basis....i explained that these 2 answers made no sense and were contradictory, but the genius at the desk did not understand this either....too bad. they wont get my business, but they evidently dont care.

went to the simeone museum on the way to the airport today - very nice. some really special cars in there. thanks for that recommendation !

colombo2cam, 375+ and E60 M5 like this.