Oil cooler fan operation. | FerrariChat

Oil cooler fan operation.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by bluesubielover, Jul 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bluesubielover

Apr 18, 2019
    Chesapeake, VA
    Full Name:
    Carl Von Mosch
    I have an 87 Mondial 3.2 QV and my oil cooler fan is not working. Does anyone know at what temp the fan should come on and possibly have the electrical diagram for that systems circuit? I appreciate any feedback on this.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    This link should get you a copy of the euro Mondial 3.2 wiring diagram:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mihsx2zo7den5me/Mondial 3.2 Wiring 488_87.pdf?dl=0

I would guess that a US and euro version would be very similar for the oil cooler fan electrics. Your model is very unusual as the relay for the oil cooler fan is located at the oil cooler (rather than being in the fuse-relay panel) -- the relay is item 71 here:

https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/diagram/ferrari/32-mondial---cabriolet/022-lubrication-system

Assuming that you've already checked that the 15A fuse is OK (in the US OM this is called fuse #22, but on the euro wiring diagram it is called fuse #23 -- but those are both the same physical fuse location), the first simple test is to connect the two wires at the oil cooler thermoswitch 15 together with the key "on" = the oil cooler fan should run. If it doesn't, if you connect the wire on terminal 30 of the relay to the wire on terminal 87 of the relay with the key "on" = the oil fan should run. These tests can help determine if you have a motor/upstream power problem (motor doesn't run) or a control problem (bad relay/bad thermoswitch).

3. bluesubielover

Apr 18, 2019
    Chesapeake, VA
    Full Name:
    Carl Von Mosch
    Thank you for the info. I’ll check the system as soon as I can. I didn’t have any diagrams or info on fuse location so this is amazing. I’ll keep ya posted on what I find. Again thank you for this vital info!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I have the diagram if u get stuck

5. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL