Quickjack question | FerrariChat

Quickjack question

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by syata, Jul 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I am thinking of getting a set of Quickjack lifts. I did notice that some reviews were not positive. What model do I need for a F430 and Mondial 3.2 cab? Are you happy with the product? Any issues when using the jacks with low cars? Do I also need to buy the pinch well blocks?

Thank you.

Stephen

Sent from my HD1925 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Pepsi10 and moysiuan like this.
  2. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2018
    Depends on how low. They fit just fine under my stock 458. It took some work to get them under my friend’s scud because they are a little lower (had to over inflate the tires to get them under with a millimeter to spare). They work great but kind of a pain to move around the garage but not a lot of good alternatives unless you want to install a fixed frame lift. No need for pinch blocks.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

moysiuan likes this.
  3. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    I use the BL5000 under my 3.2 Mondi cab and it fits like it was made for it. The outer limits of the lifting points on the car fit the QJ frame on the ends dead on. I love the thing for any under-car work. I bought the lower profile blocks, but I don't think I have used them. The slotted pinch blocks are not needed on the Mondial.

4. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    I also have the 5000 series for my 355. It's just possible to make it work (both in clearance and placement of the blocks on the jack's lift points in order to lift the car, while keeping the jack frames parallel to each other), but it does work quite well; very happy I got the set.

Pepsi10 likes this.
  5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I run the hydrolic hoses to the front on my 308. Makes it waaaay more stable.

6. Falcon7x

Falcon7x Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2012
    Flight Level 450
    Full Name:
    Stew
    BL-7000 works fine on my F12

7. Ellena

Ellena Rookie

Apr 20, 2020
    Chanhassen, Minnesota
    Full Name:
    J. Anderson
    Quickjack 4520
    dual rollers
    I have 2 full sets and use them on everything from open wheel formula cars to Ferrari street cars, vintage cars, etc.

8. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Got the 7000, the 5000 would have been sufficient for the F430, but no downside to the extra strength

A pain to work with the undertray, but a fantastic option for the price, it's a pleasure to use once it's in place

With the F430 lowered, I use the low blocks that come with it and hockey pucks on top in the rear as my car is lowered 20mm

Look for deals at Home Depot, like Labor Day, got mine for a great price there

Got some manual jacks and put then under as backup since I roll under the car, though as I understand it, the QuickJacks are even more reliable Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Pretty disappointed with my quickjack purchase, both hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders required replacing within months of purchase. One of the replaced pneumatic cylinders is leaking and won’t hold air. Working fine on my F430, but won’t work on my F8- can’t get the jacking point aft enough since some of the underbody tray is in the way. Car teeters on the lift, typical Chinese made junk.

10. heinz_r

heinz_r Rookie

Mar 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Henry Miller
    recommended

Attached Files:

11. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I got my Quick Jack 2+ years ago on the Costco Special. No issues with it at all. It fits both my 355 and my 612. Since it works on the 612, it should fit any Ferrari.

12. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    I assume folks are basically doing this same thing, but I figured I'd post this in case it is useful for anyone, or better yet, if someone knows a better way, please LMK!

Thank you

Here is what I do to remove the undertray:
    1. Make sure there is enough room on the side of the car to slide out the undertray, probably need at least 4-6ft clearing, more is better.
      1. CAUTION: When you get the undertray out, DO NOT STAND IT ON THE CORNERS, they are flimsy and will break off. I have pics of everything if you want more details.
    2. Position the QuickJacks, raise the car
    3. Remove all the bolts you have access to (the QuickJacks block the ones in front of the rear wheels)
      1. If you loosen the ones you don't have access to before jacking up, it makes it harder to position the QuickJacks as the tray is moving around
    4. Lower the car, slide the QuickJacks out of the way
    5. Remove the rest of the undertray bolts
    6. Slide the Undertray out
    7. Put the QuickJacks back in place, jack up the car, do your work
    8. Lower the car, slide the undertray back in place
    9. Loosely install as many of the bolts as you can reach. Don't tighten them as you'll find one of the holes doesn't line up, you have to play with it a bit
    10. As you install the bolts on the driver side, make sure you put the hose through the hole in the undertray
    11. Go to the rear and feed the coolant runoff hose through the middle of the undertray
    12. Put the QuickJacks in place, jack up the car
    13. Install and tighten all the bolts you can access to the proper torque (6Nm according to the manual)
    14. Lower the car, slide the QuickJacks out, tighten the rest of the bolts
    15. Install the rear diffuser
    It's a process and takes maybe 20-30 mins, its not ideal, but after a couple times, it goes pretty quickly and smoothly

13. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm able to remove the trays on both my 355 and 612 while raised on the Quick Jack. I use the rubber blocks that come with the Jack and then hockey pucks on top of the blocks. This gives me enough room for the bolts.

14. fstbiker

fstbiker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    Anyone with QuickJacks 7000 have clearance issues on a F430? What is your clearance from the ground to bottom of car?

15. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    I have the 7000SLX, no issues with clearance
    At stock height, the QJ + their blocks fit under.

Think the car clearance is about 5" off the ground, the QF is <4", there are openings in it for the blocks

I lowered my car 20mm, the QJ still fits under easily, now I use the low QJ blocks and first slide hockey pucks in the rear jack points

If your car is too low for QJ, it's probably too low to drive