Good Ferrari mechanics/service shop in the South Bay? | FerrariChat

Good Ferrari mechanics/service shop in the South Bay?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by PSV05, Aug 20, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSV05

PSV05 Rookie

Aug 19, 2010
    California
    Hi,
    New to this forum and hoping I can get some recommendations on where to get a Ferrari serviced in the South Bay (around SJ-LG-Campbell). I just bought a 512TR and since it is my first Ferrari, and a car I intend to keep in perfect condition, I'd love to find a place I can really trust. Any advice?

Also, since this is an out-of-state car, I need to do a smog check. I went to the place I normally go to for my other vehicles, and the guy told me he had never done an exotic car like this and was not comfortable doing it. Love the honesty, but made me realize I should find a place that actually does this kind of cars, so they don't screw up :). Any recommendation for this?

Thx

Fred.

2. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    I use Juan Villarreal at Grand Prix motors in Campbell. He has done a great job and the price was decent too. Give him a call at 408-364-0881

pnd4pnd and cartercherry like this.
  3. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    +1

cartercherry likes this.
  4. poorguy

poorguy Rookie

Aug 6, 2008
    Roselli Foreign Car Repair
    390 Lincoln Ave
    San Jose Ca 95126

408-297-3030

Ask for Robert

paulchua and Agostinho like this.
  5. f430vu

f430vu Karting

Aug 30, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Quan Vu
  6. rwk360

rwk360 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    R W Kenton
    Ditto. Juan has worked on my early Dino, including a major engine rebuild, and I highly recommend him.

7. Chrigel

Chrigel Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    I just did a smog test for my new out of state Ferrari. I took it to my local Speedee Oil Change & Tune-Up and he was very helpful and for $69 (and a nice tip) I got my certificate. No problems at all.

8. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    +1

Kai

9. maestro8

maestro8 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    +1

The same guys run a smog shop where I had my Mondi done. Check out their site and get a $20 off coupon!

http://www.smogtechsj.com/

Very professional service. These guys know exactly what they're doing.

TTR likes this.
  10. cartercherry

cartercherry Rookie

May 8, 2013
    Juan at Grand Prix Motors in Campbell quickly fixed a cold start issue with my 328 for a very reasonable price (a dirty warm up regulator). I was very impressed with his knowledge and care of my car.

11. jerrym

jerrym Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 4, 2007
    SF/BJ
    Other then scheduled warranty work at a dealer, I would only trust ISSIMI meccanica. Ive read reviews on many other places and it just doesn’t seem to be great work.

https://www.themeccanica.com/

12. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    As of Thursday my 550 has been at Roselli’s for 16 weeks he is so backed up….

Really nice guy and said to be the best but I underestimated what others had said about being patient.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Told u!
    The positive is next month he has a new facility to leave car inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Prices?

15. jerrym

jerrym Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 4, 2007
    SF/BJ
    Very reasonable prices.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

I asked for a quote on a major on my Testarossa 20k JUST for the major.
    So I’ll have to disagree with you.
    Ferrari of SF charges 11.5, Roselli 8.5…20k just fir a major is robbery

17. jerrym

jerrym Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 4, 2007
    SF/BJ
    Sorry for the late response. I haven’t checked this section for quite some time. I mentioned reasonable price for ISSIMI, I never say it was a steal. They may be a bit more but it’s top notch work.

18. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    I have had several experiences with ISSIMI. They have done an outstanding job on my 430 and I am very pleased with their work. Like jerrym said, they may be a bit more but the work is top notch.

jerrym likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Sorry but 20k for a major starting cost is robbery…better go to Ferrari for that price on a Testarossa

20. franzapp

franzapp Rookie

Sep 24, 2014
    Hi Everyone

My name is Francesco and am the CEO of ISSIMI.

I would encourage any of you curious about the quality of our work to come visit us at the new shop at 952 Bransten, in San Carlos.

No one is perfect but we do try to go above and beyond to deliver the highest possible level of service.

We do have a stellar team in the workshop, managed by Gianluca Cimini and Metha Daohueng.

The level of our techs is very high. We have 3 Ferrari master tech, we are LaFerrari certified, Pagani certified, and official Koenigsegg and Rimac service center. For reference, our hourly rate is 255 an hour. Ferrari of SV, for example is 305, and often they send us cars their techs struggle with.

We try to be honest upfront with major service pricing. Most shops will just quote a bare bones service and then add on stuff as it goes on.

Our policy is to give a full quote that usually includes additional work comprared to the basic service. As many of you have experienced, when the motor is out for a major, often it makes sense to be as through as possible for peace of mind. The labor is often the same, you are just replacing an old part with a new one.

We are not the cheapest but we strive to be the best. And if a mistake happens we take responsibility and make it right.

Please come visit. Coffee and snacks are on us.

F

21. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is this ‘97 R/C 550 (ZFFZR49A8W0113141) the same ISSIMI (link at bottom)? Perhaps the dealer and shop share names but not owners?

Not being a wisenheimer at all with this question…..why not get this car “fixed” prior to sale? I’d have thought doing it as a dealer at wholesale would make sense?

That has to be one of the most haggard interiors I’ve seen on such a low mile (basically 1-owner) car.

Grateful for the education.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=646480030&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email_transactional_crm&utm_campaign=at_na_na_myatc-alert_saved-search_ctr_na_na&utm_content=body_na_myatc-searchalert_na_na_MYATCALERTSEMLSRCH_vdp&lnx=MYATCALERTSEMLSRCH