UK 2016 California Warranty Length | FerrariChat

UK 2016 California Warranty Length

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Surfymark, Jul 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surfymark

Surfymark Rookie

Nov 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mark Richardson
    Hi!

I'm looking at a 2016 California and wondered if anyone knew the warranty length in the UK please?

Autotrader says it is 7 years and I think that some years had 7 year warranties. However a seller is claiming it is 6 years and someone else is saying 5 years. A Google suggested only 3 years on one site.

Also, what is the procedure and cost of extending it please (if it is not already covered)? I read somewhere that it is £99 to have Ferrari UK inspect it and then around £3k to extend it assuming it passes the inspection. Does that sound about right?

Lastly (sorry!) is it possible to have Ferrari UK inspect it even if it is still under warranty? Or is there a better way to have it inspected it somehow?

Thank you so much and sorry for all the questions! Big purchase for me!!

Mark

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #2 greyboxer, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Welcome

Seven years is not a warranty it is the basic free servicing pack

Standard new car warranty is three or four years (can't recall) with the option to extend - if it lapses a different warranty can be bought a main dealer after an inspection - cost approx as noted

If you buy the car from a main dealer as Ferrari Approved their comprehensive two year warranty is included

And yes unless you trust the vendor totally get the car inspected

3. Surfymark

Surfymark Rookie

Nov 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mark Richardson
  4. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    As greyboxer says, every new Ferrari comes with a 7 year free service pack. If youre getting the car from an authorised Ferrari dealership they normally offer a 2 year Ferrari warranty with the car, with the option to purchase further warranties under the New power warranty scheme, here you will find differing levels of cover and cost, the car must be first inspected by an authorise dealer beforehand.