812GTS compared to......... | FerrariChat

812GTS compared to.........

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by SL%%, Jul 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SL%%

SL%% Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    Friends,

To those who have both 8 cylinder Ferrari Spider (458 Spider, 488 Spider, F8 Spider, SF90 Spider), is the comfortability for long distance cruiser better with 812 GTS?

2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Sorry to be the Debbie downer here but I cannot stand the seats in my GTS. I am too tall for the full electric seats and had to go with the Daytona race seats. And they are horrible.

They have absolutely no lumbar support and I am in pain after a mere 15-20 minutes in the car. My GTS is all but useless for anything longer.

On the other hand I did the Mille Miglia twice in my 458 and two rallies in my Pista Spider without issue

Boots, Jordan68, 430jm and 2 others like this.
  3. SL%%

SL%% Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    do you have the racing seats with your 458 and Pista Spider?

4. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I have a different opinion. I have the CF sports seats in the 812 GTS and I love them. They are super comfortable for me. I also have them in my Speciale and the GTS is much more comfortable. I drove a lusso v12 over the weekend with the regular cushioned seats and I can see why some would prefer them but I prefer the snugness of the CF seats.

5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    yes to both

SL%% likes this.
  6. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    I can add that I did the Mille Miglia with my 812 GTS last month and me and my friend spent 60 hours behind the wheel (and on the - in my opinion - comfortable Daytona Racing seats).
    Must be a question of individual constitution and body structure - the one is happy with the seats, the other isn‘t…

soulsea, SL%%, gliazzurri and 2 others like this.
  7. raclaims

raclaims Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    Northern NJ
    This is why I got the standard seats in my GTS...the sports seats in my pista are gorgeous but not comfy, seats in my 458 and F12 are very comfy...(both daytonas)

8. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    I don’t have a GTS, but I have an 812 and a 458 spider, both with comfort seats. I had an F 12 with sports seats and after an hour or so my back was screaming and my wife was threatening divorce.

ryalex, Boots and wrs like this.
  9. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    I spent 1 hour sitting in a 812 SF with carbon seats in the showroom. Of course I’m a wider person but after 1 hour? Uncle!! In the 812GTS I ordered the comfort seats with Daytona inserts and it’s quite comfortable. Just have to use a stiff left foot to brace on the occasional track day.

10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My back arches in these GTS seats and it's really painful after just minutes. Oddly none of my other cars have this problem. It seems the seats are all the same between the cars so the only thing I can guess is that the seat pitch on the rails causes problems or perhaps it is the smaller cabin size. No idea.

11. SL%%

SL%% Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    :D:D:D

12. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Having had the 458 and 488 spiders with full electric seats they were very comfortable on long trips. The 812SF even more so with electric seats.
    The GTS with full electric seats is a bit more like the 488 and 458 in that the seats do not recline as much as the SF and less trunk space but the open sky more than makes up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

430jm likes this.
  13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #13 wrs, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    I noticed that pitch on the seat seems to be an artifact of the buttresses. There doesn't seem to be any lean in the seat when it's all the way back and I am sure that will make it additionally uncomfortable. I couldn't fit well in the GTS, I am 6'3" with long legs and arms and my head nearly touches the roof. I had the Cali T HS and I never felt uncomfortable and had full electric seats. In my 488 Spider I was always cramped, even with the top down. It's one of the reasons I didn't keep it. The 812 is goldilocks for me on comfort. I have had the full electrics on all my Ferraris.

430jm and Thecadster like this.
  14. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Same here. Wife said I had to choose between her or CF seats!
    It was cheaper to opt to keep her!

Boots, 430jm and JackCongo like this.
  15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I had the standard seats in my 812 SF and realized I wished I ordered the race seats- it just goes to show its all about how they fit you. Its the only way to know.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

16. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Exactly the same for me. The GTS racing seat seems very familiar compared to Speciale and Pista Spider seat. Lusso seat is good but long distance comfort is actually better for me in the GTS with racing seat. I'm 6ft with AS in my back (some vertebrae fused) and have spent a number of 6-7 hour days driving the GTS quickly across country and also motorways/autobahn. It's very comfortable for me, no issues with lumbar etc. I have more problem with Lusso lumbar although that's still pretty good too.

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think the 812 GTS electric seats are great for that car. And yes, it is more comfy as a GT over an F8 or 488 Spider. The suspension is more compliant, and there's more legroom in the 812. I'm not a fan of the electric seats in the F8 however, and I also like the CF seats in both the 812 and F8.

But for me, the 812 is almost Lusso comfortable. Great GT and still very fun to drive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JackCongo likes this.
  18. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    No what you do is take her for a test drive in a Mclaren with Senna seats and then you say "Hunny! See how much more comfortable these are?" in the CF Ferrari race seats.

19. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Could be the angle of the seatback? Try making the seat more upright and might improve lower back issues

20. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Not sure how the 812 seats compare to TDF seats but TDF seats, Speciale and 16M seats are all pretty comfortable for me for long drives.
    MurcieSV seats on the other hand are impossible for more than a short ride so I bought a nice small lumbar support wedge which makes all the difference in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Callawaycary

Callawaycary Rookie

Mar 15, 2014
    Bettendorf, Iowa
    Full Name:
    Cary Veit
    Does anyone know if the 812 GTS SF CF race seats will install or interchange with F8 Spider seats? I want to swap CF seats from an 812 GTS and put them in an F8 Spider and the electric F8 comfort seats in the 812 GTS. I just don't want to go through the trouble if they won't bolt up or fit properly in the cabin. Thank you for the help.